Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had to get my clutch replaced and since i've had it back its been nothing but trouble.. at 1st i thought it might just need the normal break in period but now its been almost a month

1st off- reverse is a bitch to get in and i have to grind a lil to get it in?
2nd- it sometimes pops out of 1st, 3rd, twice 5th? maybe shift linkage
3rd - when at idle i hear this really loud fast clicking noise it goes away if i engage the clutch though...
and 4th- while in any gear when i let off the gas i hear a loud click almost every time i push in then let out???

not sure what i should do

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Might want to get your Master Cylinder checked ... or at the worst Your Clutch is going out quickly.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it better not.. just payed 1900 for that shyt

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
a could be throw out bearing I just read something like this in duratec chat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
what did the shop that did it say? have you took it back to them and asked them? I know when i got mine the shifter had to be adjusted, afterwards. and that could most of the problem

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm taking it back on monday it was a dealer that did it.. new symptom while driving today not once or twice but 3 times it just popped itself out of 5th.. while the car was in motion gas pedal down(not to the ground) lol but going???

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stock i assume

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
There should be no break-in for all intents and purposes. If it doesn't feel right from the get-go, there's something wrong. Sounds like the dealer put the clean-up man on that job.

Hard into gear, grinding- clutch dragging, probably not bled properly
Popping out of gear- linkage not adjusted right
The click- If you mean it clicks when you get on and off the gas, possibly CV joint not fully seated in the transaxle or those PIA snap rings omitted, center support bearing bracket loose

Not sure about the clicking, but it sounds like you got a pretty sloppy job

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info you hit pretty much everything on the spot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts