Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay if some folks dont mind i dunno if im having a brain fart or something has gone really wrong...

this is what ive done,
i noticed sparks on my flex pipe and heat shield when i cranked it over.
So i pulled all the harnesses off the motor and trans and looked them over thoroughly(spelling??) and found a couple nicked wires i patched them up and reinstalled all wires.

I attempted to start and now nothing happens....doesn't spin over, doesn't click nothing but relays are making noise....

what to check!? make a list of everything to check...PLEAASSEE i hope im missing something and not a bad computer...

03 focus zetec atx

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
I Do but I have to be home from work to do it heheheh

enyways where were the wires you patched located theres a few reasons why it won't crank

first off verify the car has enough power ( try boosting it ) if it still doesn't crank after that tell me I will fire off a bunch of possibilities

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they where under the battery box, one was a black w/blue the other a yellow w/green i think....did it couple days ago...ive tryed jumpin the car off ive checked the voltage i had a solid 12.34 volts.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Okay if some folks dont mind i dunno if im having a brain fart or something has gone really wrong...

this is what ive done,
i noticed sparks on my flex pipe and heat shield when i cranked it over.
So i pulled all the harnesses off the motor and trans and looked them over thoroughly(spelling??) and found a couple nicked wires i patched them up and reinstalled all wires.

I attempted to start and now nothing happens....doesn't spin over, doesn't click nothing but relays are making noise....

what to check!? make a list of everything to check...PLEAASSEE i hope im missing something and not a bad computer...

03 focus zetec atx
Well if it was cranking before you pulled the harness off and now it doesn't I would check the harness again. Obviously you messed something up on the harness since it was cranking before you messed with it.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
is there Dash's displayed on your Odometer when you try cranking it ???

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope it shows the miles like it usually does....i checked the harness all over today i see nothing

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
that means your PCM is fine when the dash looses connectivity with the computer it Dash's out and won't start...

your problem lies within your engine harness weather less its a faulty ground or a broken lead... I will see in the morning if I can find those wires and find out what there actually for on Wagon 2

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can you do me the favor and trace to where both ground wires go. or is there only one large ground? im gunna pull the battery tray out again 2nite or 2morrow (depending on work) and look at the harnesses again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts