Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the whole ford thing so i know very little about them, but i just did a headgasket on my 04 svt. I put it all in time and what not and it doesnt even want to start. Its just pops and backfires when cranking. I have a p0193 fuel pressure circuit high code. Not sure if thats just from not starting or what but im stumped

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, intake cam was 180° out and it starts now but wow does it run like crap. Engine shakes like crazy, idle is super low, and throttle respose is awful

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,189 Posts
Thanks man, intake cam was 180° out and it starts now but wow does it run like crap. Engine shakes like crazy, idle is super low, and throttle respose is awful
Do a compression check., you may have bent the intake valves.

·
Registered
16,008 Posts
X2, should be impossible to do that. Likely bent some valves in chasing it, that engine doesn't allow for playing around with cam timings in a sloppy fashion........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt use a cam plate cause of the budget i was on, it ran good tho after i found a broken vaccum line. But now im having other problems

·
Registered
16,008 Posts
Anybody that knows engines at all should be able to roll a cylinder over enough to check at overlap the fairly close to each other relationship between intake and exhaust cams.

Beyond that, the cam grooves are easily able to be seen to have one off 180, the grooves in back are cut off center. You need no tools at all for either one of those checks.

The SVT is the WRONG engine to be trying to save any money on. Now you get to change all the bent valves.

Oh well.....................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts