Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
731 Posts
It's very sporty looking compared to the old stockish pic. The car has a very clean look and not overdone like some people tend to do. The black on the wheels, window tint, spoiler, and marker/turn lights with that bronze color meshes really well too. She looks lower as well. Wagons like this can definitely look good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's very sporty looking compared to the old stockish pic. The car has a very clean look and not overdone like some people tend to do. The black on the wheels, window tint, spoiler, and marker/turn lights with that bronze color meshes really well too. She looks lower as well. Wagons like this can definitely look good.
The black front air dam extension looks good. Where did you get it? Do you know if it is available for a Mk1.5 2007 wagon?

Jim

·
Registered
Ford Focus SE Sport 2003
206 Posts
I’d love to see the engine bay and the inside (and also the inside of doors). What’s the mileage?

·
Registered
2003 ZTW, h&r springs, 16 Rota slips.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Cobrajet67 Yes it is lowered on h&r springs. They are one of two companies that make them for the wagon. The rear suspension is different than the zx3, zx5 and sedan. I'm very happy with the ride quality and look they give.

@jkmc456 Believe it or not that is a 99-04 mustang mach 1 spoiler. It was like 60 bucks. I actually read about people doing it on this forum. Idk if it will fit the newer bumper or not. I did have to man handle it some too get good fitment. Then I had to trim about 2 inches off each side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the kind words you guys. I actually picked this car up super cheap and have had to fix allot of common small issues. It is my daily driver. I put about 60 miles on it a day 5 days a week. Currently it has 181k miles on it and runs surprisingly well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
View attachment 310728 View attachment 310729 View attachment 310730

Thanks for the kind words you guys. I actually picked this car up super cheap and have had to fix allot of common small issues. It is my daily driver. I put about 60 miles on it a day 5 days a week. Currently it has 181k miles on it and runs surprisingly well.
View attachment 310728 View attachment 310729 View attachment 310730

Thanks for sharing the interior photos. What kind of flat panel radio unit did you install? I currently have a 2007 Focus Wagon. I previously had a 2002 ZTS. I like the old interior better, but of course can't do much about that with my 07.
Jim

·
Registered
Ford Focus SE Sport 2003
206 Posts
Looks real good for the mileage considering that mine is at 70k miles. Haven’t seen any like that aside from mine in years! Mine has plugs in the rockers for oiling from its early days. Has your car seen the snow and salt?

·
Registered
Ford Focus SE Sport 2003
206 Posts
You still have to do a bit of detailing on seats and carpets. I suggest that you add third party carpeting to keep the original ones perfect. Either on top of stash the original away. I do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@jkmc456 The radio is a cheap android auto touchscreen. If I were to do it again I would go with a name brand. This one doesn't fit very well. I did the best I could with that radio. I installed a pioneer double din touch screen in my cousins 2004 ZX3 and it got l fit much better.

@Benjilafouine it has always been in North Carolina. So there is no rust. And I'm not super worried about the carpet or seats. Like I said it's just my daily.

This is my baby and the reason I daily my focus. 2020 Explorer ST.

·
Registered
82 Posts
@jkmc456 The radio is a cheap android auto touchscreen. If I were to do it again I would go with a name brand. This one doesn't fit very well. I did the best I could with that radio. I installed a pioneer double din touch screen in my cousins 2004 ZX3 and it got l fit much better.

@Benjilafouine it has always been in North Carolina. So there is no rust. And I'm not super worried about the carpet or seats. Like I said it's just my daily.

View attachment 310738
ok. Thanks. I've been looking at the Boss units available from Crutchfield, but have not purchased one yet. Hope to post photos of my 2007 Wagon in the near future.
Jim

·
Registered
Ford Focus SE Sport 2003
206 Posts

View attachment 310738
Funny, for me it’s the opposite, my 2014 Escape is my four seasons car. Focus will keep its value (summer car only). I do put winter tires on the Focus but just to park it in the driveway in winter when I need to make space in the garage! And I have covers for both cars because I still take care of the Escape after all. But my fetish car is the Focus. The one I clean with a toothbrush…

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
731 Posts
ok. Thanks. I've been looking at the Boss units available from Crutchfield, but have not purchased one yet. Hope to post photos of my 2007 Wagon in the near future.
Jim
I don't recommend getting any Boss brand stuff. It's a B brand. Right now there's a severe absence of quality legacy name brand head units because of the computer chip shortage affecting all industries. For some reason the Boss brand is usually in stock though. It seems from a lot of the reviews that people are just satisfied but not very thrilled with the Boss brand because nothing else is available. I would wait for a few months until decent stuff starts hitting the shelves again like Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, etc. You might find a used or maybe even new name brand head unit on Ebay if you want something really good right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Benjilafouine That's awesome man. I do love my focus. They are great little cars.

@jkmc456 I agree with cobrajet. Stick with name brand. Mine is an "atoto" which I would put just below Boss. And it is just good enough to keep me from starting over.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't recommend getting any Boss brand stuff. It's a B brand. Right now there's a severe absence of quality legacy name brand head units because of the computer chip shortage affecting all industries. For some reason the Boss brand is usually in stock though. It seems from a lot of the reviews that people are just satisfied but not very thrilled with the Boss brand because nothing else is available. I would wait for a few months until decent stuff starts hitting the shelves again like Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, etc. You might find a used or maybe even new name brand head unit on Ebay if you want something really good right now.
Thank you for the feedback. I will definitely look around more. Also, the Boss brands are also not available at this time due to the microchip shortage.
Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts