Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was running through the foci sites for some wire plugs for the focus...the stock look like crap and i cant imagine the performance to be more than how they look. needless to say i finally ran across some 8mm Steeda wires for $40. My question was is this the only set available? And how much of a differnce would they make with my NGK Iridium IX's?

Still Rollin On Hubs......[burnout]

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Beatjunkie, none of the Focus wire kits (ScreaminDemon, Livewires, Steeda...) will work on your car. Furthermore, as 05zx4st mentioned, the Coil on Plug technology is considerably better than the Zetec method of spark plug wires.

Ignition article

The whole article is rather good (HowStuffWorks) but that page is devoted to the COP system (what Duratecs have).

So, good news and bad news. Bad = you won't find plug wires for your 05. Good = you don't need them, your system is better to start with, so you save money![:)]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol....thanks you guys....i was wondering why the plugs looked so different from my previous vehicle....being that and im pretty new to whats under the hood, only thing i know about cars is how to do the basics and speaker and amp modification.

Learning something new everyday [:D]

·
Registered
380 Posts
nology actually makes wires with capacitor in it for the 05 2.0 and 2.3 duratecs....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Also you can buy the system at nopi.com for 202 dollars. its pretty complete wireing system

·
Registered
380 Posts
well the oe wires are alot of work to install. i bet ehy work good though and look good if installed properly

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
[confused] [poke] [screwy] Maybe i missed something there, how are you going to put wires on a coil-on-plug setup? Just in case you guys dont know, the duratec engine doesnt have plug wires at all, the coils sit on top of each plug.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts