Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, I already bought these.. if I cant use these and I spent that much money, my modding days are over for real... 1 strike.. 2 strikes... and this could be the 3rd.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
whoaizmyflow said:
Man, I already bought these.. if I cant use these and I spent that much money, my modding days are over for real... 1 strike.. 2 strikes... and this could be the 3rd.
I think you might be ok since there are some red in it, the worst that could happen is that you will get a fix it ticket which is about $10. You put the old lights back on, they write it off and you pay the fine. Once its all done, just put these lights back on.[:D]

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just sucks because I have bought projector lights that sucked. Tails that sucked. Springs that sucked. Rims that sucked. I am sick of wasting money, you know?

·
Registered
845 Posts
I don't see how they are illegal...people here drive around with red tape over their broken tail lights and don't get bothered. I would think as long as they work and are the correct colors, then they're ok for your car. I seriously doubt a police officer would know anyways, but my dad's a cop if you want me to ask him (that still may not help in NH though...but to have a police opinion). He'll probably say "as long as I can see the lights clearly and they are the right color, I don't care, but some rookie prick might hassle you. You know what I hate?...those damn pink looking tail lights!"..lol...ya, that's probably what he'd say....

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure, ask him if you could. In my city I would prob be ok, but anywhere else Id be f**ked. I have three tickets for illegal lights on my driving record already. And car too lowered, and one for my old window decals being more than 6" long. Back in my ricer days!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
That's kind of crazy. Where I'm from I doubt the fuzz would know what is legal & illegal. If you get pulled over for pissing off the police you'll end up with all kinds of tickets but I doubt you'll get ticketed for the sole purpose of having illegal taillights. I believe the vehicle requirements vary by state. Contact the DOT for the specifics.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Most aftermarket tails are illegal now thanks to APC and the stamp-happy, disgruntled APC worker in that department that stamps DOT APPROVED on every piece of junk they make! They've ruined it for all other companies who admit that it's not DOT Approved or actually really is and now the confused transportation department bans it all!

·
Registered
845 Posts
My dad said pretty much what I thought he would, and said check for approval marks "SAE/DOT", but this person ^^^^ says they are legal both here and on that website in the sig, technically accepting responsibility if you get a ticket without any disclaimers. If it's got that mark, I say go for it. If they have that mark, but are illegal, at least you have a great excuse to plead "not guilty" in court and have your case dismissed. It thought about getting them myself, but I'll probably just 'nightshade' or something similar on some clear ones. Are those you have in that picture black, or carbon fiber? Just curious.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The same thing with the aftermarket HID's just happened. Because APC put DOT APPROVED on the HID's (and they weren't) that caused the transportation dept. to ban mostly all other HID"s, even if the company never claimed they were legal. So, CATS, SPW, and some of those other really good brands were banned. So, even if the person driving around with supposed "DOT APPROVED" APC HID's, then they still get ticketed because now it's a law. Hmmmm, this industry cracks me up, in a sad way...

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
hey, i cannot see the pics, but if they are the 3 light ones from european parts .com or the hella or morret lookalikes then they are supposedly illegal from what i have heard. the reason i say that is the previous owner of my car (hotwheels) had them on my car nad said they were not legal and a friend of mine (not on focusfanatics) has them and has gotten 2 tickets for them so far. if yo udecide not to keep them, i will definately take them off your hands or will trade you for my new european ones with the amber turn signals plus make up the difference between the new price of the two if you want. let me know man.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I will take my chances for the $260 I spent all together. Black, they are from european-parts.net.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts