Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, and it's really random, when I leave my car, I get out, shut the door and press the lock button on my fob. Sometimes, it doesn't work. I have to go into my car and press the button for the locks for it to lock. Then about 15-30 seconds later, I can press the fob and it locks. Any ideas?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the same issue. Went to the dealer, had him check it out. Couldn't figure it out - ordered a new set of keys.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Lately, and it's really random, when I leave my car, I get out, shut the door and press the lock button on my fob. Sometimes, it doesn't work. I have to go into my car and press the button for the locks for it to lock. Then about 15-30 seconds later, I can press the fob and it locks. Any ideas?
Your Focus just wants to spend a few more seconds with you! :)

Have you spoken with your dealer about the locks? Please let me know, along with your mileage. I'll check out some options.

Meagan

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
mine does the same thing . . . I usually just stick the key in the ignition and twist and it works again.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
mine does the same thing . . . I usually just stick the key in the ignition and twist and it works again.
If you decide to head to your dealer to have this taken care of, Duffman355, please let me know, along with your mileage. I'll check out some additional assistance. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mine does this as well and has periodically since new. It is not just the lock button it is the unlock and trunk release button as well.

If I get back in, press the lock button on the dash and close the door, the lock/unlock on the FOB works again. Gremlins in the BCM is my guess...

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Mine does this as well and has periodically since new. It is not just the lock button it is the unlock and trunk release button as well.

If I get back in, press the lock button on the dash and close the door, the lock/unlock on the FOB works again. Gremlins in the BCM is my guess...
Let's see if we can shed some light on those Gremlins. :) Have you had a chance to talk to your dealer about the locks? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
180 Posts
Let's see if we can shed some light on those Gremlins. :) Have you had a chance to talk to your dealer about the locks? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan
39,000 miles, 'no trouble found' when I had it in to the dealer. And that is because it is intermittent at about 1% of the time.

But...not to fret. I have about 3 weeks left and the little gray sedan is getting traded in for a 2015 Mustang. I couldn't wait for the RS so I ordered a 2-door version...the Mustang Ecoboost! Thanks anyway.... [thumb]

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have the same problem. Closing door again provides a quicker workaround. The sensor hardware is fine, the OS is losing its marbles due to memory leaks or something... They just need to change the OS to power down every time the key is removed, or make the car with OSes for critical and secondary components so that these issues don't occur.

I had gone to the dealer and said nothing was wrong, by the way. You are not alone. And the way the screen on the dashboard sometimes blanks out (and sometimes does not) when removing the key, it's a software problem.

·
Registered
646 Posts
mines the same way... Feels like im driving an old beater when I have to stick the key in the door and manually lock it hahaha.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
39,000 miles, 'no trouble found' when I had it in to the dealer. And that is because it is intermittent at about 1% of the time.

But...not to fret. I have about 3 weeks left and the little gray sedan is getting traded in for a 2015 Mustang. I couldn't wait for the RS so I ordered a 2-door version...the Mustang Ecoboost! Thanks anyway.... [thumb]
You're more than welcome. :) Congrats on the new Pony!

I have the same problem. Closing door again provides a quicker workaround. The sensor hardware is fine, the OS is losing its marbles due to memory leaks or something... They just need to change the OS to power down every time the key is removed, or make the car with OSes for critical and secondary components so that these issues don't occur.

I had gone to the dealer and said nothing was wrong, by the way. You are not alone. And the way the screen on the dashboard sometimes blanks out (and sometimes does not) when removing the key, it's a software problem.
When was your most recent trip to the dealer for this? Please let me know, along with your updated mileage, and I'll see how to best assist.

Meagan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts