1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
332 Posts
yea i knew it was gonna happen....ive waitin for magazines to come out to talk about how bad this car is

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How bad it is? The 5th fastest time around the ring for street leagal cars, BAD?!

You can go on youtube and watch the vette and GT-R race and by the end of the lap the ZR1 has put some time on the "all amazing GT-R."

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do agree about it being to expensive. I don't know why GM thought it would be good to through a 100k price tag on it. It would be much better for someone to buy a used 07 Z06 for 60k and supercharge it for less money and more hp.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I do agree about it being to expensive. I don't know why GM thought it would be good to through a 100k price tag on it. It would be much better for someone to buy a used 07 Z06 for 60k and supercharge it for less money and more hp.
I totally agreee with that. Although the GTR is faster in some cases and its my dream car I definitley think the vette is awesome just because it is more tactile. The GTR is all computers and tech, the driver does very little that is why i still respect the vette because it is one of the few drivers cars left.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ Agreed. It takes skill to drive it. Thats why I love the Corvette.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nanny controls can be shut off on the GT-R too for the most part. I'd take it over the Vette for the simple fact it's awd.

·
Registered
789 Posts
that video, while being pretty awesome, was somewhat of a disappointment. a supercharged corvette only being able to hit 175mph on that long ass straight stretch and then at the end when i slightly goes downhill, it hits 179? doesn't seem right to me. if i were going to spend that kind of money, i would just go buy a viper for 80K and be able to hit 210 with ease.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ I thought that was weird too. But that hill might be steeper than you think, idk. But I would think it could get to 200 down the straight.

·
2,272 Posts
I thought from the video that he was holding off around 175. Those speeds can get pretty scary and 200+ would probably be foolish in that car.

·
Registered
789 Posts
the stance on the vette is similar to a viper. i have been in a viper while it was going 200+ and the only thing scary about it was knowing that you are going that fast. the ride seemed very controlable and not too squirrelly at all. BTW that straigh stretch is pretty flat and if he was 'holding off' the mph would've been fluctuating more than they were. if you watch the video again, it looked like he put the cruise control on at 175. every car that i have been in that just wouldn't go any faster kept the speed up, they just wouldn't go.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure he is holding off, or just put the cruise on. That track is very bumpy and 200mph on that would be hard to control.

·
Registered
789 Posts
i doubt anyone would use cruise control on a race course. how do you know that track is bumpy? have you been there? have you been to any track. tracks are designed and maintained to be very smooth. not to say they won't have rolling spots from the lay of the land, but the surface itself will never be bumpy. from the looks of the video, the track is very smooth. also, if it was bumpy, i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be up to specs and would be resurfaced wherever it was bumpy.

·
2,272 Posts
Well all we know is that he was probably holding off, and he obviously has some idea of what he is doing, otherwise he would have gone higher. The 'vette doesn't exactly have the aerodynamics of a race car either, so going 200+ is a lot different. Other limitations could be the brakes/tires/suspension, lack of a full roll cage that might save your life if you go rolling around at 200 mph, etc.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Top Gear actually Likes the Corvette Jermy Clarkson was very nice to the new generation

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Watch a few videos of people going around that course. you'll see the car jarring around.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
how do you know that track is bumpy? have you been there? have you been to any track. tracks are designed and maintained to be very smooth. not to say they won't have rolling spots from the lay of the land, but the surface itself will never be bumpy. from the looks of the video, the track is very smooth. also, if it was bumpy, i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be up to specs and would be resurfaced wherever it was bumpy.
[histerical] I think he was referring to the tracks unique undulations particularly in the angled corners and elevation transitions. U may also have forgotten that the surface of both Karousel and Wipperman corners are far from clean and lets be honest focusfreak you'd be shitting your pants 180+ on that track; its called the Green Hell for a reason! Experienced drivers loose it through those bends @ less than 100mph just keeping the car's chassis neutral requires cliping various apexes so in relative terms its "bumpier" than other tracks you may have experienced. Are YOU a Nurburgring veteran? Ever heard of Sebring! Have you watched an F1 race @ Brazil's Interlagos! After a lap in anyone of those your srt suspension will seem like a buick trust me; just cuz your pushing 350whp on a bad chassis and been a passenger in a Viper going 200+ on a straight somewhere doesn't give u license to bash or a degree in track development. Really you could do 210 on the straights? Which Viper u gonna use? Because we're talking production cars and unfortunately the beloved ACR snake which did the ring in an awesome 7:22 can't go 200+ on the straights because its limited to 180mph!!! [gunfire] What u talkin bout willis? due to the massive downforce it's limited to 180 top speed in ALL CONDITIONS! the race tires and lighter weight made all the difference in those times; so keep dreaming buddy especially if da wallet only stretches to $80k. Plus the ZR1 is a GT supercar vs the ACR being more of a street legal racercar that being said I love vipers and the ZR1 to me seems a bit rushed and underdeveloped for the same price the snake might be more tempting!

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
I'd rather buy a normal c6 and twin turbo it. more fun that way imo. and a hell of a lot cheaper :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts