Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear of any issues with the MK3 front ends exploding? Passed a red 5DR on the freeway today who's front passenger suspension looked like it grenaded. The wheel was off, the coil spring was in the next lane and the car was flat on the ground in that corner. Didn't look like he hit anyone. Unfortunately I was too slow to get pics.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
They could have hit an hard, heavy object.
(I have seen cut logs laying around on a road) Even a strip of tire peeled off a truck 'might' do that.
Or they hit a deep pothole.

(I have also seen a brand new dealer plated Mercedes Benz and not a cheap one, the right front wheel snapped off in traffic right in front of me. No reason, it just broke off.

the king pin can be defective, and just break off, no special reason. tOr the ball joint fail, or some other part break, which makes he wheel go all funny, and self destruct depending on speed etc. That would take out the brakes and maybe the suspension on that corner.
Maybe that spring was what he hit? Or, also, the car may have had new springs poorly installed and you saw the result. LOL

·
Registered
154 Posts
Passed a red 5DR on the freeway today who's front passenger suspension looked like it grenaded. The wheel was off, the coil spring was in the next lane and the car was flat on the ground in that corner. Didn't look like he hit anyone. Unfortunately I was too slow to get pics.
On my way to work today I saw this exact scenario, except it was a Hyundai hatchback.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
... The wheel was off, the coil spring was in the next lane and the car was flat on the ground in that corner. ...
I guess if you live in "Surprise, AZ" you have to be alert for unusual events like that.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
LOL

In the Phoenix area it's usually low riders with hacked up suspensions you have to look out for not nearly new Foci
Typical, been going on for decades,,,^^^^^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts