Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrigthy, I know putting NOS in a stock Focus will probably take your tranny out. Let's say for a minute I wanted to put a 75 HP Zex NOS system in. What kind of upgrading would need to be done to the tranny? Also, can you mix NOS with a supercharger? I've heard some say you can and some you can't. Please clarify! I'm a newbie and am very confused[???:)] [???:)]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
75 shot will fux u up if u run anything do 50. I don't recommend NOS at all but w/e. Thats a good question they way i think about no u cna't run NOS with a super charger. You can run with turbo because the air compression is done by the time the air is going into the manifold. Well i guess u could with a super charger u just couldn't use ZEX cause it's dry NOs injection if u went wet then u could use super charger.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes you can run Nitrous and a Supercharger, but your "tuning" becomes key to making or breaking your motor. Also, forced induction with nitrous amplifies the effects of nitrous. For example, if you were boosted and using a 50 shot of nitrous, it would actually add 75 or 100 more hp from the nitrous (instead of the 50hp you'd expect). I personally wouldn't do it, nor would I even do nitrous alone. Bottle refills are too much $$ IMO..

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I have no experience with the atx, but I understand they can't take much abuse ( from what I've read here); if you have a manual then a 50 shot is totally reliable, and a 75 should be fine but that is pushing a little harder on parts. I would ONLY use a wet system at those levels! I am on my fourth ten pound bottle at a fifty shot with no problems at all so far. ( except for a few suprised civics, etc.)

·
Registered
127 Posts
viney what do you have? i mean nx, nos, zex, etc. About how often do you use your nitrous oxide? everyday? once a week? whats safe? sorry bout all da ?s. i just want some nos and i dont want to blow my engine.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I have a nx kit, , I sometimes don't use it for a week and then I'll use it seven or eight times in a night. I spent the money on a remote bottle opener ( high dollar ) , but a must have if you can't reach your bottle. Mines in the back of the wagon!. I like the nx kit because they use all stainless lines, I also used a rpm cutoff switch to keep from spraying if I hit the rev limiter. not a must but a good idea. 50 h.p. will be fine if you have a manual, ask anything you want i'll try to answer

·
Registered
110 Posts
Viney have you seen the new NOS from ZEX? The Ejector Air Amplifier? I think that one will be ok to run a 75 shot. I would think you may get 50 out of a 75. I dont know enough to back that but maybe you can look at it and let me know what you think. I plan on getting it when the warranty runs out. I have about 60,000km before that so there is lots of time to upgrade for it. Thanks for your thoughts. BTW what sort of power are you getting witht he NOS?

·
Registered
127 Posts
alright thanks. i appreciate your help. could you tell me where you bought your nx kit at? or where the best place to buy the kit is.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I bought my kit locally at Westminster speed and sound, my local speed shop in town, good guys over there. I'm sure you must have somebody local, I like to buy from people, I'm not much for buying over the internet ( never have)[:D]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
It doesn't break the tires loose at 140 if that is what you mean[:D] . It just feels like a v-6 when you throw the switch ( 50 h.p. shot), my buddy has a 75 shot on his miata and it hits a little harder, but it is easy to control . First gear is a little hairy, but we usually only hit it in second, a 125 shot on a stang is a little harder. With the fifty shot I didn't go with colder plugs and have no problems, the miata is running one step colder just to be safe, the 50 shot is pretty safe!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah, Ive tried 100, 125, and 150 on my stang but got real tired of having to fill bottles and keep tabs on bottle pressure. That is good that with 50 shot you dont have to have colder plugs. So how long does a 10 lb bottle last with 50 shot??

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Supriingly long at just a 50 shot, I ran several runs down the drag strip ( seven) and used it on the street 10-15 times, and I only used 6 lbs when I refilled it here at the shop, I figured I was darn close to empty , I was surprised I had 4 lbs left, And if bottle pressure is a prob. buy one of the ridiculusly expensive bottle heaters, they work!, but if your pressure is low you shot is just rich and you don't go as fast, nothing dangerous, but when bottle pressure is down you really feel it!!!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
if your really interested in nitrous.. a friend of mine is selling a complete zex kit.. purge, heater, opener everything.. never used.. for like 500 pm me if interested

1 - 14 of 14 Posts