Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I'm a little curious about how these things work. could someone explain these for me. just put it simple, no need for a long explination. just what exactly does it do besides make you go faster.

i'm confused because it looks lke this Zex thing connects to your intake? what is it, just compressed cool air?

and does nos tap into the fuel line to help it burn faster?

whats better wet or dry?

what are the options?

I don't even know if I'm considering doing this. seems a little over the top for me, but theres a very small chance I might go for it down the line. This is more just curiousity.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Dry kits don't add fuel at all. They depend on the car to supply the extra fuel. I don't know about SPI's, but Zetec cars don't have a return fuel system so a wet kit is a must unless you want parts scattering everywhere.

The Zex kits have a nozzle which you put into your intake, usually just a few inches from the throttle body. You would tap into the fuel rail using the adapter from McNews or you could cut the fuel line. The wet kit has 2 lines, one from the bottle to the box and one from the fuel supply to the box. From there you attach both lines to the nozzle and insert it into the intake. Make sure you have the nozzle opening going toward the throttle body.

The NOS kit is pretty much the same way but uses solenoids instead of the purple box.

Nitrous Oxide is N20, which means 2 parts nitrogen and 1 part oxygen. That gives you a ratio of about 2:1, or 33% oxygen. The air we breathe is about 4:1, with around 20% oxygen. More oxygen + more fuel = more power.

Viney has a very lengthy explanation of nitrous here: http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11534

1 - 2 of 2 Posts