Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great day for racing! I didn't take my SVTF along, but I did get to ride in a '99 Cobra all day long.

Anyways, the meeting before was boring though it answered a few questions that some may have. Keep in mind that we ran clockwise around the track.

First group goes (aka 'Fast group'). Consists of 2 Porsches and a ZO6. Then a race car (think NASCAR though slower) decides to join up. He got 3 laps in before he crashes, which leads me to believe that NASCAR-like vehicles aren't setup to turn right [;)] Ok I'll stop bashing NASCAR, though it seemed that all the race cars were VERY slow!

2nd group consisted mostly of 'vettes and Mustang Cobras. They were pretty fun to watch. No incidents from them.

3rd group consisted of a Panterra, Mustang Cobras, 'vettes, Shelby Cobra, a new Mustang running with them, and an SRT-4 Stage 1. The SRT-4 got bumped to group 5 (aka - Noobs and Slow guys) after the first time out. I believe it's because they weren't allowing anybody to pass them.

4th group (what we ran) consisted of Mustangs, Mustang Cobras, a Shelby Cobra kit car, a couple of Miatas and a 'vette (which I believe should have been running in the 3rd group).

5th group consisted of just about anything. There was a Taurus SHO (squealed like a pig around the corners), Mazda 6, and a bunch of Mustangs.

Overall it was fun and was setup nicely with only a few cautions and the incident with the NASCAR-like car.

I have a feeling an SVTF would be at home there. The Miatas (think they were near stock other than running slicks) were tearing ass around the track!

How is this Focus Fanatics related?
Well, there was a 2002 SVTF that showed up later in the day, though it didn't run the course. I was hoping to see who was driving it, but it had tinted windows and I couldn't see the driver.

I think I'll be running this next year! [thumb]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I was gonna go to this! But, I didn't have my car... was getting the rims painted.

How about some pics, fool?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, the only pics I have are of the Cobra I got to ride in and a Saleen we were staged behind. I'd be ashamed of them because they are on my phone and don't look good!

I would have put something up, but I got a call Friday night about going. I pretty much ate supper and went to bed. I'll DEFINATELY try to be there next year... hopefully I have some new tires by then!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Sounds like a blast, Tim.

Too good to post in FR anymore? Huh? PUNK?!?!?!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts