Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference between the normal zetec intake snorkel and the SVT intake snorkel? If not does anyone have a thread on how it's installed as I have no idea on how its done and would like to have the "ram air" effect returned to my factory intake.

·
Registered
262 Posts
you can use your zetec ram air snorkel with your svt, just screw the plastic ram air part, to the front plastic trim, in the same location as it was on your zetec

i would recommend getting a k&n panel filter as well, that way, you get the same benefits, of a k&n cone filter, but without the power sapping heat soak

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can use your zetec ram air snorkel with your svt, just screw the plastic ram air part, to the front plastic trim, in the same location as it was on your zetec

i would recommend getting a k&n panel filter as well, that way, you get the same benefits, of a k&n cone filter, but without the power sapping heat soak
I already have the K&N panel filter just the previous owner took off the snorkel for some odd reason and I bought it without one so I fear I am already suffering from heat soak. So since the snorkel isn't specific I'l probably go to the local pick and pull and take the snorkel off a normal zetec. Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
the big U shaped snorkel is model specific.
the SVT is larger diameter. they arenet interchangable

·
Registered
262 Posts
when i got rid of my k&n cone, and went back to original air box, the zetec ram air snorkel fitted perfect, unless the air box i bought was zetec bottom and svt top?????

as long as you have the piping, you can easily modify it to fit, with imagination

good luck bro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts