Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Focus SE with the sport package with automatic transmission. I don't think I have the stuttering problem, but I think there is another issue. When I am driving, it sometimes shifts so rough that it's like someone who doesn't know how to drive a manual transmission is driving. I have had the updates and clutches replaced. The dealership is saying it is normal function.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have a 2012 Focus SE with the sport package with automatic transmission. I don't think I have the stuttering problem, but I think there is another issue. When I am driving, it sometimes shifts so rough that it's like someone who doesn't know how to drive a manual transmission is driving. I have had the updates and clutches replaced. The dealership is saying it is normal function.

Is this normal?

Thanks!
Welcome tot he forum!

Because the PowerShift 6 Speed Transmission operates similarly to a manual transmission, you may notice some characteristics that provide a unique driving experience from the automatic transmission you may be used to:
  • When you take your foot off the accelerator pedal and the vehicle begins to slow down you may perceive a light to medium braking sensation as the transmissions makes adjustments.
  • During the break in period, the transmission may shift quicker or harder. This will smooth out after a short period of time.
  • You may hear mechanical noises when driving.
  • You may feel a difference when pulling away from a stop.

Meagan

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts