Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Sorry for being a noob but I need help.

I need help on having a working horn on my grip royal steering wheel.

It came with the horn button.

It has a black and yellow wire that's it.

Thanks

Jordan

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Good luck, that button is for an adapter that will connect to the steering column wiring.

Older cars that was a slip ring & contact just for the horn circuit (slip ring on adapter). These cars use a clock spring connection to the steering wheel, and I doubt your adapter is set up to use that.

My only guess is to figure out the column wiring for the horn & use a push button on the column, or run it to the center dash "Rally" style (where the co-driver could use it as well).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck, that button is for an adapter that will connect to the steering column wiring.

Older cars that was a slip ring & contact just for the horn circuit (slip ring on adapter). These cars use a clock spring connection to the steering wheel, and I doubt your adapter is set up to use that.

My only guess is to figure out the column wiring for the horn & use a push button on the column, or run it to the center dash "Rally" style (where the co-driver could use it as well).
Thanks for your help.

Having a hard time finding anything online on how to use my horn.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If your adapter doesn't have any provision for the clock spring wiring connection, the only way to make a button on the wheel work is to run your own coiled cord wrapped around the steering column race style to have a connection cord.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts