Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im looking to get a turbo kit for my '02 ZX3 after Xmas. Im always hearing about tuning and everything like that but never quite sure what it is. is it like a chip or something that i take to the shop? lol, a lil' help please

·
Registered
921 Posts
I would recommend you go to a good shop and have them install and tune for you. The tune would require some dyno time and involves changing engine parameters like spark, air/fuel mixture, boost through the computer so you can make good power SAFELY. It'll cost a good amount of money. Figure $1000 as a baseline, plus or minus a couple hundred. Just remember you get what you pay for.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
look to spend about 4k or so for a 1/2 way decent kit tuning and acessories.

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
If you get a Turbo kit I can get you a good safe tune for 450.00 + the cost of the xcal and it will be done by email so you wont have to go to the dyno unless you want to

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I too must say get a kit from Tom, His DIY kit will get you a good base for a kit and you have plenty of options from there.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I can get you a descent price on the install... I've done a couple of turbo installs.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Install will run around $500... and thats me doing it.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
toms stuff Orange for the install you are now boosted. you may mash the gas

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Piketon, its about 70 miles south of Columbus on US23

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aright ill keep that in mind. i SHOULD be looking for turbos soon so ill let you know. but whenever i get it, ill still let you know bout the install

1 - 15 of 15 Posts