Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here. I have come to this forum a lot but just registered. I have had my Focus (2001 zx3) for about 2 years and just recently started getting a few mods here and there. I recently got a new exhaust system (Borla) and was wondering if there were any mods I could do to my exhaust or other parts of my car u guys had in mind. Thanks![ffrocks]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well as usual, if you havent done already, get a Header(SVT of course) + CAI + TB to go with that Exhuast. Then there is always CAMs and Adj. Cam Gears.

But if you wanna go turbo, save your money and research it. I don't know too much about turbos so look around or wait for more replies.

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
well what are ur plans for the car? do u wanna stay naturally aspirated, or do u wanna go forced induction(ie. turbo, supercharger). the easiest way to get hp out of ur motor is to make it breathe better such as a cold air intake, throttle body, header, exhaust. then go from there.

·
Registered
524 Posts
if ur gonna go turbo dont even bother with the header but do get a tb, cold air intake, maybe a set of cams. and a performance tune

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you got the exhaust and that doesn't matter if you stay NA or go FI, the other thing that won't matter is a FR head, if you get that, it works wonders for FI and NA.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions! I am probably not gonna turbo or supercharge it but I am currently looking at CAI and headers for it. Im also trying to figure out some nice interior mods.

·
Registered
524 Posts
for the interior paint the dash kinda like this:

the color of ur choice or u can upgrade your suspension but no ebay cheap-o springs or coilovers

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Don't forget about a tune from Focus Power

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Save your money. Cams / headwork and/or forced induction are about all that is worth while on these cars far as hp goes, besides weight reduction (both static and rotating).

·
Registered
689 Posts
The SVT header is a great place to start, but if you go that way you make sure you get the right Catalytic Converter/Off Road Pipe and Flex-Pipe. If you don't, you won't be able to connect it to rest of your exhaust.

The CAI was my first mod. I especially liked the sound.

Not very exciting as far as modding, but a ECU Tune yields great results.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
i was also looking to get the svt header for my zx3, and i was told to get a new cat converter and a new flex pipe, so wich would be the right 2 to get?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts