Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! You've helped me before so I know you can help me again. I've got a 2006 Focus sedan with the audiophile 6 disc changer and sub. I hate the stupid head unit that came with it. I download most of my music through itunes and (hates self) windows media mall. So, as you can imagine I found out pretty early on that I can't play drm'd stuff. I can't keep burning cd's and then ripping them back to my pc and then burning them again as data cd's! So I need a new HU and I want to keep the speakers. Here's what I'm looking for...

-HU requirements
6 disc changer
must be compatable with the steering wheel controls
plays all formats including iTunes and Playsforsure
looks really cool :)
is good quallity
has aux input for my mp3 player
has an aux button or the like, just like the stock HU so that I can wire my sat radio into it.
or maybe have sat radio in it.lol idk.

Like I said guys, I'm pretty much a noob so I'm really looking to you guys for your advice on the best aftermarket HU's that'll work. I'm not made outa money either so I'm trying to stick to something around 500 or so. I'm not trying to be too picky but you know how it is. I really appreciate it and hope you guys can help me. TY. SPACE

·
Registered
759 Posts
"must be compatable with the steering wheel controls"

Game over right there... i'm almost 99% sure a aftermarket HU will not work with the steering wheel controls. This is what is preventing me from switching mine out also.

As for Ipod AUX ports and such check the "trip tunes" product ford sells. Or search the forums, the subject has been beaten down before.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I believe there is a part you can buy that enables you to use the controls, just not sure where to find it.

One of the guys on here was selling this device in the B/S/T forums.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I know that both Alpine and Pioneer offer HU's compatable with the steering wheel controls (with an adapter at least). However, finding a 6CD changer will be difficult-most aftermarket changers are mounted in the trunk or under a seat or something like that.

As far as satellite radio and iPod, most HU's will be satellite radio compatable and will be able to have an MP3 player plugged into it. Alpine and Pioneer both make decks that can control the iPod's functions from the deck, so you don't have to use a free hand to control the iPod.

Finding something that will do all of this is probably going to be expensive. The Alpine unit that someone mentioned above is probably the closest you will find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts