1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,
Hello...
My name is Tom Romans
My wife and I just took delivery of a 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES.
This will be her primary car, as it replaced her 1995 Chevy Caprice that was traded in with 174k miles.

Here is a pic I took of it tonight...

I currently drive a 1999 Chrysler 300M
Here is my car...

Tell me what mods will fit the 06's?
I don't want to do any engine mods until warranty has expired, other than a K&N drop in filter. I would like to do suspension mods...
-Strut Tower Brace
-Poly Bushings

That is it for now...

I like the car, fit and finish seem to be good.

Hope to be here for a while!!

TIA

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi Tom!

[welcome] Welcome to FF. [welcome]

There are no suspention mods for the '06 yet, or at least that I know of. Give it another month or so and there will most likely be.[thumb]

Mouse

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome!! I'm in the same boat... I have to play the patience game with my suspension now too...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some daytime pics...after the dealer had completed the detail job on the car:

Looks better now!!!

Car is a blast to drive.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Welcome to FocusFanatics.com!! [thumb]

Nice cars, love the silver..... always been a fan of silver/grey colors for cars...... nice shiny pics (last ones you posted).... looks great!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
there are strut tower bars, front and rear available from FocusSport Strut Bars

eibach also makes a kit for the 2006. As of now, I don't beleive there is a poly bushings kit for the suspension yet. Just engine mounts.

check Focus Sport, they'll have a lot of stuff you'll like.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
looks nice my wife got the same car in the same color. I got the windows tinted and put rims on it and it looks 100 times beter. The rims were off my ZTS and they look allot beter on hers. but the tint is what sets it off.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I got a the same car in pitch black color last week, so far I love it, plan on upgrading the stereo system with Alpine this week, tinting the windows, getting new rims and maybe those low profile tires. Also looking to add some things to get a little more oomf out of the 4 cylinder engine although I love the gas mileage compared to the 05 mountaineer i was used to driving [:D]

so far I love my car and FF!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Nice!
Look into Rims and Tires for now.
No drop-in K&N or anything else for that matter. Lifetime air filter.
Replace it with a Cold Air Intake. See my sig. or the how-to's.
Strut Tower Brace is a good start. Short Throw Shifter if you've got a stick.
Both can be had from Ford Racing through your dealer and bolted on in your driveway.
Enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts