Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I shall call her Phantasma Plateado
Just picked this up last Saturday, and got lots of noob questions of course.

Clutch shudders unless you rev it to 3K before engaging.

Lots and lots of what is called gear roll over.

Cam cover is missing and has a red Kent pulley on one side and what appears stock on the one closest to firewall.

There is a blue crank pulley

Borla all the way back

Any ideas on the gear/tranny noise?

If it needs a clutch, I don't plan on hopping it up too much but would like something stronger than a stock that does not cost a lot. Suggestions?

it had 15,700 on the odo and it was 12K.

some hail damage on the hood only, otherwise seems like a great car, no wrecks, clean underbelly (cept not certain about all the tranny noise and clutch take up)

thanks for comments, send me to the right places to start from scratch on this board and i will try to get up to speed (punny)

DAM[???:)] [???:)]

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Welcome to the forums! There are lots of threads on the clutch and tranny issue you mentioned. I've not experienced that problem yet thankfully but it is a common issue with SVTF's. I'm afraid you are going to need a new clutch. The Fidenza flywheel is a popular upgrade while changing the clutch and there are a few different clutches you can get. There are a lot more knowledgeable people on this board than I on that matter. You should find all the help you need on this board though. BTW, nice car [:D]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Actually, if you've got a really grabby clutch and lots of gear rollover noise you may already have an aftermarket flywheel and clutch. Find another SVT owner with a known stock setup to do back to back drives on - they should be able to tell you RIGHT away if you've got an aftermarket flywheel and clutch. Since your SVT already has some mods, it wouldn't surprise me if they've done that too. Nice looking car, mate!

·
Registered
498 Posts
WELCOME TO FF!!!!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
May be gear rollover; may not be. There is a TSB for clutch T/O bearing noise, and you may have that issue. If so, you can get it replaced for nothing. The replacement clutch is stronger than the original. The shudder you speak of makes me think you have a flywheel issue - that is a noted issue and can be covered with the same TSB.

You have an adjustable cam gear on the exhaust cam. Factory intake gear, with variable timing. You have an underdrive pulley and the cat-back (which is really for sound only).

No way to tell if you have a tune (aftermarket - one of the recommended mods). From the fact that there are other mods, you may have one. The only responsible way to do that cam gear is to get the car on a dyno - so that also makes me think you could have a tune now.

Look at the tune-review sticky in the SVT Performance Chat - that will give you some background on tunes.

See if you have (or can get) the build cert from SVT. If you do, put that "#XXX of XXX, built on day/month/year" number in your sig - maybe someone will recognize his or her former car and can help you. Just give SVT your VIN and they can get you the cert.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
good luck

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
looks good! yeah, you definately want to have a fellow SVTF'er go over the car with you one day, that way you'll find all you non-stock mods.

I went a couple of weeks before I looked and found a complete set of UDP's already installed on my car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scott_SVT said:
looks good! yeah, you definately want to have a fellow SVTF'er go over the car with you one day, that way you'll find all you non-stock mods.

I went a couple of weeks before I looked and found a complete set of UDP's already installed on my car.
Anyone near San Antonio give me a hollar back and I will drive to see you.

DAM

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Good luck with the new ride looks clean check out the regional forums for someone in your area

1 - 11 of 11 Posts