Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see people discussing updating their MyFordTouch. Do I need to update my basic Sync system?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I see people discussing updating their MyFordTouch. Do I need to update my basic Sync system?
I believe MFT and Sync run under two separate "releases" so changes to one doesn't necessarily affect changes to the other. Likewise I imagine there is quite a bit of shared software between the two system. So changes at the shared level would necessitate new releases to both systems.

I also believe you can "register" your vehicle on line. I do that with my Focus / Sync and it lets me know if I'm at the latest release level.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nooppeeee.

It feels like Ford has more or less forgotten about "Old Sync".

Ford actually cut ties with Microsoft altogether, so SYNC is strictly a Ford thing now. Bad news is that makes our systems obsolete. I don't know that there will ever be an update for it, there hasn't been since I've owned mine. I check periodically just for kicks.

I have a basic phone as well, so I feel pretty left behind as far as technology goes...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you fellas. I don't use it often anyway, just wasn't sure if I was supposed to be updating it or anything.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi RyanFromSC,

If you're having issues with your SYNC system, let me know. I can help. Also, you can check your SYNC account at www.Support.Ford.com to see if you have any updates available for download or via your dealership.

@chemistkremer,

We will continue to work with Microsoft and many other companies to enhance our products. :) If you're having issues with your system, don't hesitate to contact me.

Rebecca

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi RyanFromSC,

If you're having issues with your SYNC system, let me know. I can help. Also, you can check your SYNC account at www.Support.Ford.com to see if you have any updates available for download or via your dealership
Rebecca

Can I send a text message via BT and Sync?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to "Car Audio, MFT, SYNC & Electronics".

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moved to "Car Audio, MFT, SYNC & Electronics".
My apologies, Sailor. I wasn't aware of this subsection.

I wish I could send a text and read a text with an iPhone. Any knowledge if Yosemite will help? I really don't want to buy a MS phone just so I can text with my car.
I use an Android phone myself, the Nexus 5. It lets me have the messages read via Sync but I couldn't find any way to compose/send one. [???:)]

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
...It lets me have the messages read via Sync but I couldn't find any way to compose/send one. [???:)]
Ditto for my (ancient now) Galaxy S2 and I think same for my LG G2.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man I had an S2 before this phone, I don't miss it at all. The power button was screwed up and would just randomly restart every time you would use it

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I wish I could send a text and read a text with an iPhone. Any knowledge if Yosemite will help? I really don't want to buy a MS phone just so I can text with my car.
Some iPhone users have been able to receive texts after they turn the notification setting to ON, on the phone. Try it and let me know if works for you or not.

I use an Android phone myself, the Nexus 5. It lets me have the messages read via Sync but I couldn't find any way to compose/send one. [???:)]
We haven't tested the Nexus 5 with SYNC yet, but the Nexus 4 was not compatible with texting. [sadpanda]

Ditto for my (ancient now) Galaxy S2 and I think same for my LG G2.
The Samsung Galaxy SII should work with texting, and per our compatibility chart, the LG G2 does work if you are NOT using Verizon. Check it out here:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync

Let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Rebecca

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have another question... How come it doesn't show the artist/song/album info when I play a CD? It only says "track #"

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hi RyanFromSC,

If you're having issues with your SYNC system, let me know. I can help. Also, you can check your SYNC account at www.Support.Ford.com to see if you have any updates available for download or via your dealership.

@chemistkremer,

We will continue to work with Microsoft and many other companies to enhance our products. :) If you're having issues with your system, don't hesitate to contact me.

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca,

Do all new Focuses come with 3 years of complimentary Sync? My SE did not come with it active and now I'm not sure how to get that going. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have another question... How come it doesn't show the artist/song/album info when I play a CD? It only says "track #"
It's all about the metadata for CDs. If you're burning your own, check out these tips from the Owner's Guide (3rd printing, page 304):

MP3 Track and Folder Structure
Audio systems capable of recognizing and playing MP3 individual tracks
and folder structures work as follows:
• There are two different modes for MP3 disc playback: MP3 track
mode (system default) and MP3 folder mode.
• MP3 track mode ignores any folder structure on the MP3 disc. The
player numbers each MP3 track on the disc (noted by the .mp3 file
extension) from T001 to a maximum of T255. Note: The maximum
number of playable MP3 files may be less depending on the structure
of the CD and exact model of radio present.
• MP3 folder mode represents a folder structure consisting of one level
of folders. The CD player numbers all MP3 tracks on the disc (noted
by the .mp3 file extension) and all folders containing MP3 files, from
F001 (folder) T001 (track) to F253 T255.
• Creating discs with only one level of folders helps with navigation
through the disc files.
If you are burning your own MP3 discs, it is important to understand
how the system reads the structures you create. While various files may
be present, (files with extensions other than mp3), only files with the
.mp3 extension are played; other files are ignored by the system. This
enables you to use the same MP3 disc for a variety of tasks on your work
computer, home computer and your in-vehicle system.
In track mode, the system displays and plays the structure as if it were
only one level deep (all .mp3 files play, regardless of being in a specific
folder). In folder mode, the system only plays the .mp3 files in the
current folder.

Does that help?

Hi Rebecca,

Do all new Focuses come with 3 years of complimentary Sync? My SE did not come with it active and now I'm not sure how to get that going. Thanks!
No, not all vehicles receive the the complimentary SYNC Services, but it is only $60 a year for a subscription (equaling out to be $5 a month). If you signup and decide that you don't want to use it, you can always log back into your SYNC account and cancel; you'll be refunded the remaining months. :) Here's what's included:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/sync-services-overview-sync

I'll try today
Thanks!

Rebecca

·
Registered
42 Posts
I looked at it and had all the notification settings on for texts (you mean Settings-->Notification center-->Messages, right?)

Any other option?

Edit: looking further

I looked at Settings-->Bluetooth-->Sync--> Show notifications. That was off. I turned it on. Hopefully that will do it. I am about to go on a trip and will test then.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks Rebecca. That did the trick. Loving My Sync much more now. I suppose there is no way I can respond to texts with my iPhone.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Fantastic; I'm glad it worked for you and I could help make your experience that much better! :) Unfortunately, you won't be able to send texts, only receive them.

Rebecca

1 - 19 of 19 Posts