Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, anyone besides me order an SEL without MFT? I never use the phone when driving, seldom listen to the radio and haven't needed navigational help anywhere I've been in 20 years. With all the complaints I've read about it, I decided to opt out of MFT. I do think, however, that it slowed production of my car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got an SEL without MFT but my dealer was able to locate it through a pool of cars shared by the Toronto area dealer network so I didn't need to wait for it to be built. I did notice that of the SELs I've seen on dealer lots, the majority did not have MFT (but I haven't really been looking so take that with a grain of salt).

·
Registered
251 Posts
when we ordered we definitely didn't want a 2011 computer in a car we hope to have 10 years.

And the Garmin tucks in nicely right in front of that small screen above the radio.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm with "RED2012". Looked at an SEL on the dealer's lot with MFT - - didn't like the complexity of it - - and all the bad press. Had my salesman find an SEL without MFT but with the 302A group and winter package. I've used the SYNC with my phone but don't find that it works very well - - keeps dropping the phone connection (my salesman says that SYNC doesn't work well with some phones - - guess I have one of the "bad" ones).

Other than that I love the car - - averaging over 36 MPG so far with almost 4,000 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
724 Posts
We ordered a SEL with the basic Sync, sun roof and winter pkg. I wanted bluetooth for the phone but didn't care about the rest of the features. We have used the navigation feature of the basic Sync but have a couple of TomToms that will recalculate much faster if you miss a turn. I have also used the USB and bluetooth to play music from an MP3 player but i seldom listen to music when driving. I likely won't renew the Sync subscription after it expires.

I didn't even consider the MTF, way too much money for something I wouldn't use and I was shocked that you needed to pay another $800 on top of that for a full gps nav system.

The hands free voice activated phone feature works extremely well; if you are receiving a call from the car or are in the car you would never know it's hands free. I have to ask my wife if she is in the car when she calls because you can't tell with the great quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts