Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are any non-focus t/b that will work on the focus. My buddy said that alot of parts can be switched from one model to another. Like a SVO Taurus T/B that would be bigger that I can pick up at a junk yard. I dont want to pay 280+ for a Focus Central one. Just trying to save some bucks. Let me know if any has done this or even heard of this. Thanks! You guys rock on this forum.[thumb]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
if you can find one to work with the tps and make a custom spacer to adapt the two together, go ahead....but unless its a newer style tb, i doubt that will work.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I thought since the Focus is so new it might not work. Has any heard of any one doing this?

·
Registered
281 Posts
SVO Taurus? You mean the Yamaha SHO? I think all the Taurus engines including the SHO had the throttle body connected to the intake manifold. I don't know if you could just bolt on a bigger one just like that.....you're gonna have to double check on that but I know my 3.0 Vulcan couldn't just be unbolted. The Vulcan Gen3's 96-99 I believe could be bolted off.....don't know about Gen 4. Either way most Taurus motors had small throttle bodies....probably even the SHO.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes i use to have a 93 sho and the tb was a bit larger than a norm turi, i'd say i't about the size of a mustang stock tb.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Looks like I will be getting the FC t/b. Sorry about the SVO/SHO thing. I am a Mustang guy and I slipped up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts