Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of nology wires for my focus and after installing and testing on the dyno I lost 2.4whp this was very upsetting to me. so I contacted nology and they told me I had to buy there special silver spark plugs which were never mentioned in their advertisement. to make a long story short I did that and was still at a loss of power by about 1whp and the car was running alot richer, I contacted them for a refund and they refused to accept a return. For wires that cost so much I found this to be apauling. so in my anger I took a knife to the wires and I made a shocking discovery the ground that connects to your engine block on each wire doesn't go anywhere it is just rolled into the sleeving and there is nothing in the wires that stores spark energy.So I took a meter to the wires and found that these 200 dollar wires have more resistance than Steeda or focus racing wires after all of this I felt totally mislead by nology. They refused to give me a refund and in my opinion a pair of 30 dollar wires would have done fourty times better and I don't see how they get away with false advertising. my best advice is to stay away from them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
wow, that's shocking ... I've never heard of this company but I will not be buying any of their products anytime soon ... I will be in the market for a spark plug wire set in about a month ... I'll make sure and let everyone I know in on this little known mishap ... sucks they won't stand behind their product, tried bbb online?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
hey pLaYa2284 thanks for the deal on the egr on ebay

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Thats crazy, Nology is not some no name back woods company. My friend has Nology on his TC and they worked fine for him with a set of denso plugs.

If you have a SPI focus them Screamon deamon coil and live wires are what your looking for.

Check www.newedgeperformance.com for the coil and wire set.

·
Registered
461 Posts
hmm after vsiting nology's website I have noticed the following:

The Focus PZEV is the only Ford Focus listed ... do you think this has something to do with the loss in HP you experienced? As far as I know the PZEV is only sold in four or five states, and has a different engine.

The reasoning behind their spark plugs being so great (and it DOESN'T make sense that these would be required) is that they are silver, which IS the most conductive metal (more so than copper, platinum etc ...) but nothing else. There is not tested or proven reasoning other than it's a silver spark plug. The platinum ones always show tests and benchmarks of their products ...

Sounds like this company should be doing business on ebay or something ... very misleading and vague.

Still, sorry to hear of your experience ... thanks for the heads up though, and how about those pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts