Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently i bought a Nolden drl kit, after fitting this to my car there is one thing i noticed that did not work.
When i have the ignition 2nd position, but not started. The drl's works fine, but with the engine started they turns of, trying all positions on the light switch but no light.

Anyone who have experienced something similar? And i did wire it so the original parking lights works.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You wired them incorrectly

Revisit the wiring and check its correct

Mine work fine wired as per the diagram,but I didnt cut teh seide/marker light wires, so these stay on still. Mine are full brightness when running and 50% brightness when park lights or dips on

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have the echomaster kit, which I think is the same thing in the US. The lights themselves say Nolden on them. Via the instructions I wired them to fuse 42 under the hood using an add-a-ciruit. Originally I didn't hook up the wire that is supposed to go to the parking lights to make them 50% and they worked fine. Later on I put in a relay so they are 100% when my lights are off, and they turn off when I turn on my parking lights. Never did use that extra wire for the 50% but I assume they would work if I did hook that up as well.

Have you tried disconnecting the wire to the parking lights to see if they work then? (The wire that makes them dim to 50%)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the problem, it was a bad connection on the ground wire. So when i got it grounded on an another spot they worked fine :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done. I loved mine. They work well and look good
I agree that they works and looks good, only problem here in North-Norway is that we got automatic driving lights. So the parking lights is on at all positions on the light switch. But here at summer it is daylight all day, and in winters it is always dark. So i mounted a switch on the blue wire so i decide if it should be 50% or 100% light. So in summer 100% and winter is 50%.

And the best thing is that these drl's are pointing the light forward so other cars will se us better because they will almost see straight into them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts