Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 and the stock headlights are horrid. Impossible to drive without brights on most side streets. i read in the "best head lights" post that many people liked the nokyas. I never heard of them and i did some reading on it, finding many people said that you need the harness to go with it, even with the STAGE 1's i'm looking to buy. i just want a clear cut answer that if 1) they wont fry my wiring and 2) there is nothing that will give the slight blue tint while still being very bright for the money (found the h13s for $38 with shipping).

Thanks.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
The light will in no way be blue. Unless it is one of the other like purple or yellow.

It's only very small hints of it in the housing. But the white is very bright and very white. I like the cosmic white as it is the most pure white and said to resemble the 5000k close to stock HID color.

Jsut me. I ran the comic white no issues stock harness.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went to a local auto zone and picked up the silverstar ultras before coming on here. i dont wanna say i was disappointed, i just wasnt impressed with them. i felt i could find better. ive always liked the blue lights but after being in my friends car that had them, i realized how impractical they were. i was told the arctics were going to have a slight blue compared to the cosmics, but snackmaster do you think ill be better off with the cosmic whites?

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Does your friend have HID's??

If so yeah the blue is WAY more apparent and terrible for driving.

Both the ones mentioned are fine. I have used the cosmic and i have seen the artic. I swear by cosmic because the intesity and just sheer quality of light is amazing IMO.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he might have had hids, that would have made more sense, it was a couple years ago before i knew anything about this stuff. i purchased the arctics from amazon with next day shipping so hopefully ill have them for tomorrow.

·
Registered
800 Posts
silverstars blow in more ways than one dont waste ur money if oyu have any questions about any kind of light mods pm sn4ckm4st3r i dont know why he isnt a mod on here he knows more about lights and how they work and in which housing they work best in than anyone i know on here lol

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
ill fight silverstar's reputation to the bitter end.

ive had them in all my cars and everytime i get a set for a new car, im sooo impressed with them over stock. ive never had to replace a pair of silverstars. for everyone that is blowin them up and having them go out, you people are doing something wrong.

silverstar FTW!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So...the Nokya halogens just came in and they gave me the wrong pair, wtf. They sent me the stage 2 bulbs which uses 100/80W. I emailed the guy some few choice words and am waiting to hear back from him. However, i paid next day shipping and i don't really wanna wait forever since i have to return the ones the silverstars i have in my car right now. Is there anything i can do (thats reasonably priced) to run these? i have no clue how that stuff works. Also, i have an 08 with stock housing/wires if that helps at all. Thanks.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
silverstar FTW also...had them on my old car before svt

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've always used Silverstars on my cars. They seem to be 3 times as bright as OEM. Although I have to admit that I had to replace one headlight wire harness because it burned up on my Kona. I haven’t had a problem since though.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
ill fight silverstar's reputation to the bitter end.
agreed. i have silverstars in mine, n the difference over stocks is absolutely amazing at night with the high beams on

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now that i put in the nokya arctic white headlights, should i put in arctic white or hyper yellows in the fogs?

And no, silverstars aren't an option this time haha. [neener]

·
Registered
759 Posts
yeah silverstars are better than stock but that's like comparing a walmart stereo to a stock stereo (in the older cars.. not these new fancy ones they have now) it's better yes, but that doesn't mean it's the best.

i prefer to spend a little extra cash and get something a little better.. brighter isn't always better.. the spread, warmth (not heat.. color terms) and depth is what i look for. plus if your wanting a blue tint.. silverstars really don't have much to offer.. if you don't want to spend an arm and leg

white=silverstars
blue=Xenon blue halogen
yellow=um wtf gross (or just get some cheapy fogs...)

nothing against silverstar, i like them, but i'd rather go a little higher quality and brighter :D just my 2 cents

(cliffs.. silverstarand xenon are fine and decent quality but sometimes you just have to go bigger and better)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i understand what you're saying, and i already have the silverstar ultras and nokya arctics (i use them over the ss), but i was asking about the fogs. i don't know if i want to put the 7000k in my fog, it might throw out too much glare.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
when I had the stock headlights on my focus, i always ran silverstars. they seemed to be the best in light output and spread

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
I had silverstars...bought them twice. My friend who also has a Focus bought them. All of the sets lasted a year maybe a little less.

Silverstar bulbs do LOOK brighter than stock, but that's all. They actually emit fewer lumens than stock bulbs. Lumens = usable light. What may look brighter to you is in fact not as bright as stock.

Silverstars are also rated at 150 hours..(http://www.sylvaniaautocatalog.com/...chId=70&ProductNumber=9007 ST&PartNo= ST, ST and http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/Silverstar/ProductLine/ )

While regular sylvania lights are rated at 500 hours. So you do the math...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts