Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I recently bought a Ford Focus 1.8Tddi, so I dont know much about the car, anyway the tires are very noisy.

They are Pirelli P6 and they look pretty new, not worn, but yet again they are very noisy and sometimes I can feel even the smallest hole or road bump.
The car seems stiffer than some other cars I've driven. (no modifications whatsoever)

Any ideas, should I change my tires, maybe the brand, I'd rather put Bridgestones, Michelin ...

Thnx

Vullnet

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Are the tires set at the recommended pressures?
Check on the back of the driver's door, or on the gas filler door.
The air pressures are usually listed in both areas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thnx for the advice, but I'm not an automotive beginner, I know how to set the tire pressure, the thing is that I used to drive a BMW 325i E30, and switching to Ford has confused me a little bit, because I can't tell if the noise is coming as a result of tire wear or has become rigid, or from the suspension.

Anyway, thnx for reply

·
Registered
373 Posts
The P6's are just a noisy tire. I have the same complaint about them.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
vullnet110 said:
Well thnx for the advice, but I'm not an automotive beginner, I know how to set the tire pressure,
I apologize.
You never know how much someone knows or doesn't know with only 7 posts.
So, before I go any further....
[welcome]

I can't comment on the noise aspect of the P6's,
but I do know I've never read a good review on them from any fOCUS owners.

What size tires were you running on your BMW vs what's on your fOCUS at the moment?
Could be shorter sidewalls contributing to the harshness in the suspension.

I'd also recommend getting the alignment checked, even though it's new.
Should be able to be covered under warranty.
These cars are known to be sensitive to toe settings,
and improper camber settings in the rear, that leads to bad tire wear and cupping.

Other than that...yep...start searching for some better tires. [;)]

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I just replaced my P6s, and though I've only got a few miles on the replacements, I can say they're much, much quieter. The P6s never were a quiet tire, and as they wore, got worse and worse. I'd never use them again.

Welcome to FF too ! [welcome]

BTW Doug...I ended up going with the Proxes 4...I'll let you know if I made the right choice..lol And thanks again for your help and feedback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thnx guys a lot,

Today I discovered a tire wear on the inside of front wheels.

Anyway, its too late to fix anything, cause the tires are gone, I'm buying Michelins and I'll realign and balance my suspension.

Thanks again for the time and advices

Vullnet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts