Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 svt has developed a faint squeak squeak squeak mind you faint almost like a metal noise,It gets more noticeable on the brakes, just the first bit of the pedal then completely goes away if you press harder(probably answered my question) But i want some input to insure it was not wheel bearings, I jacked up my car and gave each wheel a good wobble, i had no movement i have no vibrations while driving and i would think a bearing noise would be more or less a roar, each wheel is equally warm after driving so there's no excess heat a bad bearing or sticking caliper would cause either.
so far i have I taken a front wheel and caliper off to inspect pads and seen no immediate issues, as far as wear other than severe rust build up on the inner edge of my rotor, the rears are getting thin and i plan on replacing them when i swap my winter wheels but if this could be my issue i will do it asap, could this noise be the wear indicators just starting to tell me its time to change the brakes. Also i know for a fact the car has warped front rotors could the noise be from things not being true and vibrating ever so slightly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts