Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found that the IRC is a common source of a noise when shutting the vehicle off. Sort of a grind noise. I took it into my local dealer since I am still under warranty and they say that the noise is normal. Seems rather loud for a newer vehicle. Here are my questions:
1. Anyone else have this noise?
2. Is it normal to have some noise from the IRC?
3. If yours did make noise and you complained, did your dealer replace it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

[thumb]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
They also will make a kind of clunking noise when you sut it off. Thats the input shaft of the 6-speed. It is just a little backlash noise and is normal also.

·
Registered
82 Posts
there is also the sound of the oil pressure and temp gauges moving the needles back to 0. Watch the gauges carefully when you shut it off and see if the noise is in the dash and happen just when the needles are moving.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
LOL^^, i have never heard my needles make a sound, but now youre going to make me listen, lol.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Umm my guages are entirely silent.... The loudest thing in my car when i turn it off is the AC depressurizing and that's pretty quiet. My DSI has always been completely silent. I thought it might be roken actually so I checked it and it is working properly.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Originally posted by eurofocer
1. Anyone else have this noise?
2. Is it normal to have some noise from the IRC?
3. If yours did make noise and you complained, did your dealer replace it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

[thumb]
First off, it's the IMRC. [;)]
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74471

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Never went to the Dealer about it, as it's a pretty common occurrence on these cars.

You most likely will hear the same noise at start up.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
the input shaft is making that noise? its been anoying the hell out of me. can we do anything about this? i initially noticed it when i first installed my AEM CAI.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
It only does it because of the dual mass flywheel. You can change to an aluminum one, but if you think you have noise now, you will pleanty more new ones after that flywheel, lol. Rememeber, not all of these have that backlash noise, chances are greater that its the IMRC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts