Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2006 zx3 and I've noticed the road noise is incredible, I can hear everything. I would like exhaust, but the last time I had pipes I couldn't drive more than 30 min without going temporarily deaf. How is the interior cruising drone for the hatch?

I tried putting some dynamat down to help the road noise, anyone else try getting rid of it?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Tires over inflated?

My SES is very quiet. I noticed noise in an S that I test drove[confused]

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2006 ZX3 and yes there is road noise on some roads. I think that it might be the tire compound. It is only on the asphalt that is very worn or groved. [driving]

·
Registered
108 Posts
my ses is really quiet too, i wander if there is less dampening in the s or se? i just put my subs in this weekend and there was a big sound pad under my driver side carpet. do the s and se models have this?

·
Registered
108 Posts
plus with my new alpine type r twelves i cant even hear my loud ass exhaust. so just put some subs in it and the road noise goes away lol.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What tires are you running? I think that may also have something to do with it (Ford uses different tires depending if its a 15" or 16" wheel)

NefCanuck

·
Registered
118 Posts
get yourself about 5 cans of sound deadner spray
lift up the seats and spray away.

good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts