Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noises from my hatch area identified.....it's the latch post. The photo shows the problem. The plastic covering is rubbed off. This covering rotates and was facing forward, making it hard to see. I've got grease on it for now, and may get it replaced under warranty. I don't know of any other permanent fix.

What caused this? Looks to me like the thing was adjusted too tight, increasing the wear on the plastic coating. Anyway....take a look at yours. Loosening it up somewhat may save it. On my hatch there are two adjustable rubber stops....which may also need adjustment.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Being out of adjustment causes that, but the whole freaking door might be out of adjustment. Whatever you do back there, make sure your hatch is sealed or you'll end up like my sister who, after having her hatch replaced, was feeling sleepy after an hour long drive, then wide awake when she finally made it home.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^There's a fine line between being too tight and too loose. My hatch sits on there pretty straight, and contacts the rubber hatch seal evenly all around. I'm aware of exhaust leaking into the car problems....so I actually have a small CO detector mounted in the hatch. Reads zero all the time....[|)]

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I have an '01 ZX3 and it's the same way. Very old problem that was never corrected. I throw some tape on mine every once and awhile.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My 2002 ZXT same trouble....

Same prob. here too. I can push the inside release button a half a dozen times and it still won't open the lid. I usually open it with the key fob, but that is unconvient. Wish I could locate the cullprit.?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts