Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the jrsc+bbk and everytime i want to launch from 1st i just spinnout.how can i race at the track like that? ill be wasting time. does anyone else have this problem? ive even let some air out of my tires. how can i fix this?

·
Registered
743 Posts
dont take off so fast...more clutch less gas

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not mashing the pedal. this even happends from a roll. i love the power but it woul be nice to actually move foward.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
the next round of mechanical improvement is the LSD and clutch to utilize your power. Being FWD doesn't help.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Like they said, better tires, Diff. and a Lakewood traction bar would def. help.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Read my How To on how to run a fast 1/4 mile. Learn how to launch, and yuo'll be fine. Don't lower your tire pressure n street tires! That redused the amount of tread contact. The side walls are to stiff and cause the contact patch to buckle, reducing traction. Slow down to go faster! Stop going WOT from a dig. Don't say your not because you'd be liying. I've got almost 300whp, and on street tires I can still hit 2.1 60 ft times. Just stay off the throtle until you can utalize your power. Thier are guys in here that have the power to smoke'em through 3rd and part of 4th, but guess what, they can still launch it with out smoking thier tires.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=1041704#post1041704

Hope this helps. Good luck, and let us know if yuor times improve.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
dazada said:
GET...BETTER...TIRES.
Just my two cents as well, but if you are on stockers, there is MUCH better... All the other suggestions are valid, too.

The big two are throttle control and better tires.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Learn how to launch better.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
everything is fine until i hit about 4k then it just spins. its not the launch itself but afterwards. and yes im running the 15in stockers but with 205's. will i need to get a better clutch eventually? how much hp can the stock clutch handle?

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
The clutch may hold up for quite a while, it depends on the "abuse" level... Try to save up and budget for some better tires, you will be amazed if you get some good rubber.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
My stock clutch let go at 250ish.

·
Registered
199 Posts
tires and a LSD!! my clutch was runing 220hp, and held up fine.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Here's an idea...

throttle modulation?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I`ll modulate this for ya!!!
Slam it down and keep it there............... If it breaks loose get wider tires and hold on....[:p]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts