Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time was about 6 weeks ago in my girlfriends driveway. The car wil lnot turn over. I put the clutch in, turn the key, and the starter goes, goes, goes, and the engine never. So it was almost 2 am, i called my sister to come get me. In the morning i called AAA. when i went to go meet him the car started right up like nothing was wrong. the was 6 or 7 weeks ago. Today, i get to work at 8:00 am and park the car. At 11:45 i leave for lunch. Same thing except this time it ALMOST turns over and starts but just dies. So i call AAA and have the car towed to the dealer. By the time they look at it it starts up fine. They are keeping it for the night.

Details:
1. More than 1/2 a tank of gas (today it had more than 3/4)
2. Parked on level ground
3. First time it was VERY cold (15 f) but today it was mid 30's
4. I never lost electrical. All accessories work. Lights, radio, everything.
5. I had the alternator replaced about 6 months ago due to a check engine light that would not go away.
6. The check engine light goes on when it won't start

Anything i should have the deal look in the AM? I have a loaner car so they can take there sweet old time.

Car Detail:
2004 Focus SVT
33336 miles

Thanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
Somehow the engine is probably not getting fuel to push it over. Have you ever replaced a fuel filter?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is a conversation i had with a friend of mine.

William J Sisti: check this out
William J Sisti: http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112110
7:40 PM
Tripp Ferrer: the first time was not fuel it did not crank
William J Sisti: well i didn't notice it the first tie
William J Sisti: but yes, the only noise i heard was the starter
Tripp Ferrer: the check engine light will be on when the key is in the on position so that is not necessarily a sign
Tripp Ferrer: it might not be getting spark
William J Sisti: true
Tripp Ferrer: or might have something cutting power, there was a leak in the intake manifold right?
Tripp Ferrer: and after they fixed that this started?
William J Sisti: yeah, this only started after the manifold and alternator were replaced.
Tripp Ferrer: so could be something there
Tripp Ferrer: alternator was putting out low or high voltage?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts