Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With age we are starting to see this more and more especially with ones that sit for a few days or weeks. It has to do with the poor contact of the main ground in the system and can leave you stranded with a no crank situation. Even if you aren't having this problem yet it is worth taking a look and performing my fix before it does happen on a family road trip etc.

The Ford Fiesta has almost the same problem with it when they first came out and Ford has us doing this exact procedure to take care of it once and for all.

·
C2H5OH
11,868 Posts
Stickied.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With age we are starting to see this more and more especially with ones that sit for a few days or weeks. It has to do with the poor contact of the main ground in the system and can leave you stranded with a no crank situation. Even if you aren't having this problem yet it is worth taking a look and performing my fix before it does happen on a family road trip etc.

The Ford Fiesta has almost the same problem with it when they first came out and Ford has us doing this exact procedure to take care of it once and for all.

Could this bad ground issue that your speaking of also cause ruff idle and windshield wipers not to turn off without turning off engine?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a question regarding a crank no start issue. new fuel pump, new fuel filter. changed fuel rail pressure regulator. the car still will not get gas. the inertia was not triggered. changed the relays. idk what else to do

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a question regarding a crank no start issue. new fuel pump, new fuel filter. changed fuel rail pressure regulator. the car still will not get gas. the inertia was not triggered. changed the relays. idk what else to do
Ok so there is no theft light flashing right? Have you tested for power going to the pump when you turn the key first 2 second prime? It is easiest to test at the inertia switch which will test everything up to that point then we can go from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I found this a little after the fact but, I'm hoping this helps to solve my issue.

I'll post on those later but, I'm thinking this may have been the root cause of the issue.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is a great video but doesn’t solve my issue. I swapped instrument clusters and now can’t start the car. Anti-theft light just keeps blinking. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
IPL Schedule 2020
Looking for the IPL 2020 Schedule? Finally, ou are in the right place. Indian Premier League (IPL 2020) which will be the 13th edition of Vivo IPL. IPL 13vstart date therefore is, – 23rd March 2020. Get IPL Schedule 13, Fixtures and Time Table for Indian Premier League 13. Similarly, PDF Download of IPL Schedule 2020 is also available along with the IPL Schedule HD Images. Therefore, the most amazing Cricket Feast of the year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts