Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm. I've had the car for almost 3 days now, and remembered today to check out the puddle lamps on my SE. There aren't any on the mirrors. Huh?

I thought (at least according to the Focus configurator) that with the Winter Package, I should have them.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
60 Posts
According to the Ford website, the winter package is
1. All weather floor mats
2. Heated seats for the driver & front passenger
3. Heated exterior mirrors with puddle lamps

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the Ford website, the winter package is
1. All weather floor mats
2. Heated seats for the driver & front passenger
3. Heated exterior mirrors with puddle lamps
Precisely.

And I have seen pictures of the puddle lamps here on FF, and I definitely don't have them under my mirrors. I have the "turn signal" lights on my mirrors, but that's it.

As an aside, I think the exterior turn signal lights on the mirrors really make the car look bad-ass.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have the SEL with winter pkg and it has the puddle lamps. They are very nice at night as they light up the ground very well. I'm not sure if there is a difference between the SE winter pkg and SEL winter pkg but it's worth complaining about if you were supposed to get them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just looked on edmunds.com and noticed that the SE winter pkg comes with side marker lamps and the SEL has puddle lamps. I don't know what side marker lamps refer too but there does appear to be a difference between the trim levels.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The Ford build-site says it includes puddle lamps on the SE with winter package... but doesn't mention turn indicators... and the picture shows indicators only, no puddle lamps.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Ford build-site says it includes puddle lamps on the SE with winter package... but doesn't mention turn indicators... and the picture shows indicators only, no puddle lamps.

Posted via FF Mobile
I have a feeling that is the deal. Don't know why the site is off like that.

That being said, I'd much prefer to have my turn signal mirrors than the puddle lamps anyway :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I agree, the turn signals in the mirrors are much higher on the priority list. The puddle lamps are nice but aren't needed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Also no puddles but turn signals on ours.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i haven't noticed them on yet (when do they turn on?) but my titanium has both turn signal lights and puddle lamps.
Usually when hitting unlock from fob or opening door to get in or out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the winter package and have turn indicators but no puddle lamps, I also didn't get any winter mats........... in fact I only got 2 front mats (carpet).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bladeh, I would tell your dealer. Ours were in the trunk in plastic still and with only the two carpet fronts installed. I'm assuming you checked in the trunk.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i had the regular carpet mats front and rear "installed" and the winter ones were in the trunk wrapped in a bag. they are pretty cheap. ordered husky winter mats.

will probably sell my OEM winter mats if anyone was actually interested. they are ok for light snow, not WI snow and slush.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got the winter package and have turn indicators but no puddle lamps, I also didn't get any winter mats........... in fact I only got 2 front mats (carpet).
Bladeh, the Canadian winter pkgs don't come with winter mats...only the regular ones. They are cheaper than the american pkg though

Don't think the SEs come with puddle lamps even though it states so on the website, only SEL and Ti.

·
Registered
548 Posts
They wouldn't sell a lot of cars in Canada without DRLs

1 - 20 of 24 Posts