Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! this is my first post as I'm in a dilemma with my daughter's 2010 SE. Got this car for cheap knowing it had some issues but was drivable. She went to start it one day and it was in theft lock. Well, defaulted to theft lock as we found it not getting power to the PCM. A scan tool will not link up either. My former teacher at Henry Ford college came out to program a new key as he does that on the side and could not link his software. I pulled a PCM rom a upull and still nothing. One of the issues this car had was a hard shifting trans. We swapped the trans and got the same results. Further research showed that the previous owner had swapped engines and put in a regular 2.0 and this car is a PZEV and needed one with CA emissions so the PCM had been confused causing the hard shift. I don't wanna spend the time or money swapping engines if the damn thing wont start anyway. I checked all the fuses and the 2 diodes in the engine bay fuse box and still nothing. HELP!!

·
Registered
16,178 Posts
With all due respect, there have been so many things changed now I don't think even best of the best techs will sort the problems there out quick, too many more variables have been introduced to muddy up the situation there far more.

·
FF Affiliate
30,662 Posts
Hi! this is my first post as I'm in a dilemma with my daughter's 2010 SE. Got this car for cheap knowing it had some issues but was drivable. She went to start it one day and it was in theft lock. Well, defaulted to theft lock as we found it not getting power to the PCM. A scan tool will not link up either. My former teacher at Henry Ford college came out to program a new key as he does that on the side and could not link his software. I pulled a PCM rom a upull and still nothing. One of the issues this car had was a hard shifting trans. We swapped the trans and got the same results. Further research showed that the previous owner had swapped engines and put in a regular 2.0 and this car is a PZEV and needed one with CA emissions so the PCM had been confused causing the hard shift. I don't wanna spend the time or money swapping engines if the damn thing wont start anyway. I checked all the fuses and the 2 diodes in the engine bay fuse box and still nothing. HELP!!
The hard shifting wont cause a no start issue , You cant just swap PCM they have to be set to the keys and PATS , PZEV or non PZEV has nothing to do with how it runs or cranking it

Do you have -------- on the spedo with the key on ?

Have you check the black looking fuses under the hood in the fuse box ? There should be 2 , take batt loose and swap them and see if the ----- go away with key on

There is also a small ground wire at the batt , black and yellow or black and blue dont remember , if this isnt making good contact will cause the -------

If you did something that set the PATS you will get ------

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts