Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the car was infested with a red ant colony about 2 months ago. Since then the car has had a myriad of electrical problems. If the car started up, it would display differing problems. Ranging from inoperative headlights, to inoperative power windows, inability to show cluster information (e.g. Total miles) and such.

The fact that all these items worked on and of made me believe that no permanent damage was do e to the car. We have now eliminated the colony but a few problems remain. The car starts everytime, but a few systems get no power. (Windows,some lights, wipers). So I measured the two main fuses 1 and 7. Fuse 7 is always hot, but fuse 1 has no power at all. Started or off, switch or no switch. This fuse should have power on it at all times.

It is almost impossible (or I don't know how to properly do it) to get under the CJB plugs to inspect the wires. Can anyone help me with how to measure current from the battery to the fuse to find out where the problem lies with fuse #1?

Thank you,

Xander

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the wiring diagram on line and found out that power comes via the Ignition Relay (K14), so I replaced it with a different one and voilá, power returned to all fuses that fall under F1.

Cheers,

Xander

·
Registered
521 Posts
Check with your local library. Many libraries pay for access to AllData or a similar a database that includes schematics. Your library card bar code number is usually all you need to log in.

Toby

1 - 7 of 7 Posts