Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still waiting to order my Focus (going back and forth a bit honestly) and had stopped in at a different dealer who told me something interesting.

He said that Focus and Fiesta production would be shut down for part of July and all of August so that Ford could do re-tooling on some of the assembly and increase the production.

He reported to me that any Focus ordered right now would not get a build date until September and the earliest it would arrive at the dealership would be October.

Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, this particular dealer specifically indicated that other dealers were still likely to claim the 6-8 week delivery time, but that delivery time right now is going to be 12+ weeks.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I think some people on this forum received "1st week of August" build dates. Hope those don't get pushed out for their sake.

·
Registered
411 Posts
This plant had a complete refit for the Focus build. Take it for what it's worth.
I think someone is full of ----. Ford wouldn't shut down a whole plant for something like this.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am still waiting to order my Focus (going back and forth a bit honestly) and had stopped in at a different dealer who told me something interesting.

He said that Focus and Fiesta production would be shut down for part of July and all of August so that Ford could do re-tooling on some of the assembly and increase the production.

He reported to me that any Focus ordered right now would not get a build date until September and the earliest it would arrive at the dealership would be October.

Someone really wants you to buy off the lot....

The plant employees just had their time off for vacations in the last couple of weeks. Production has already resumed.

·
Registered
108 Posts

The plant employees just had their time off for vacations in the last couple of weeks. Production has already resumed.
^^^ This. The plant was just completely overhauled for the new Focus. With the amount of orders they are receiving there is no way they would shut down for another month!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Actually this particular dealer had no inventory to sell. Anyways, sounds as though they were misinformed, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was at a convenience store when a guy had stopped me and said nice car. Turns out he was an engineer from MI traveling for his kid's regional hockey tournament.

We chatted a bit and eventually he let out that production at his factory has been significantly behind. One of the main reasons being that the machine that wraps the rubberish dash to the center IP keeps going down. That along with little down times here and there for misc. things; ended up snowballing to bigger production issues.

·
Registered
524 Posts
That sounds reasonable to me. Equipment goes down some times and to be honest I don't know how any car production plant can operate flawlessly with no down time.

·
Registered
218 Posts

Over at Donlen.com they are now showing 12-14 Week ETA on the Focus so there may be some truth to it. I don't know if they would completely shut down production but who knows.... My build week is Aug 1st so we will see what happens.
Here is the link to the Production info:
http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

·
Registered
519 Posts
Over at Donlen.com they are now showing 12-14 Week ETA on the Focus so there may be some truth to it. I don't know if they would completely shut down production but who knows.... My build week is Aug 1st so we will see what happens.
Here is the link to the Production info:
http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx
I would imagine a business who was ordering fleet vehicles through Donlen and an individual ordering through his/her particular dealer would not have the same time frames. But, then again...[dunno]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Considering they just spent $550 million retooling that plant (the old Michigan Truck Plant) so that they could assemble the 2012 Focus there, they're not going to shut down production for a whole month unless there are major problems.

Since they just had a shutdown, they probably would have done any work needed then.

The fact that the dealer said that the same thing was happening for the Fiesta which isn't even assembled in Wayne, Michigan really makes me think that this dealer was full of it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ordered mine on the 20th and she said 4-6 weeks. The other dealer was telling me, "sometimes 6, 8 maybe even 12," (but he was just trying to get me to buy off the lot). With the way these are selling, I doubt they're gonna shut it down.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I ordered 6/6/2011 and was told last week that the build time is the beginning of August. Dealer said 8/1 but I know that is the most hopeful date. On the ETS it does say the MIchigan plant. Maybe there is another plant? I can not see them shutting down for a month and half as their already behind due the paint problems.

If I have to wait till September or beyond, Look out Chevy here I come. Ok Ok, I am kidding but I really want it by end of August which would be 12 weeks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This plant had a complete refit for the Focus build. Take it for what it's worth.
I think someone is full of ----. Ford wouldn't shut down a whole plant for something like this.
Don't be so sure. It's not uncommon at all for these plants, especially UAW plants, to shut down for about a month once a year. The steering gear plant that used to be near here would shut down every August so that it could be maintained and kept up. But really I think it's just about giving UAW workers a month off every summer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts