Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people that are looking for a cheap alterantive way of making you car sound good is to just cut off you mufflers and add some pipe to were they used to be. You wont pass a inspection and its sort of illegal but like i said, its the cheap alternative. I got some friends who have spent a good amount of money to make there car sound "good" and they all agree that mine sounds the best. [:D] Has any one else done this because i havnt seen any threads for it?

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
if you're that desperate for a nice sounding exhaust, a cherry bomb muffler for like 30 bucks gives a fairly nice tone, even the so called "lunch-box" delete sounds pretty good.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Post up some sound clips. Welcome to the site. I'm only about an hour north east of you.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I run straight 2.5 inch stainless from the flex back to a 3 inch rolled edge tip. Everyone loves how my car sounds (including my grandmother) and I haven't caught any flack from the po-po about it. I especially love it since it only cost me $150 total.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Even though cutting off your mufflers will sound good, you will hardly get any performance gains from it

I assume you mean if you don't install larger piping all the way back. No way that a 2.5 inch borla increases horsepower anymore than straight 2.5 inch piping.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe its just me but wouldn't just straight pipe have less air flow resistance than a cat back system. Im new to this stuff so i could be wrong. Plus it only cost me about $60 to do.
Ill try to get some some sound clips for you guys to hear.

I'm only about an hour north east of you.
Really, thats sweet. where do you live?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
in an NA motor you don't wanna reduce back pressure too much, you need some to scavenge and whatever...in a turbo, the less back pressure you have the better...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts