Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the Chicago autoshow or some autoshow on TV n/e ways. they were talking about the new shelby 500 and they mentiond that ford killed the SVT line up. That there was no more SVT is this true .

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Yes, SVT no longer exist. :( i dont own an svt, but i had hope to own a new one in the future, now i will have to settle with a used one:(

·
Registered
292 Posts
I read a good editorial on this subject "Ford drives its 13-year-old SVT group off a cliff." by Csaba Csere, in the June 06 Car and Driver. Check it out if u want.

There may be a few reasons for its demise, but I think John Coletti retiring was a big part of it. Maybe he will write a book???

Doesn't mean that Ford won't build SVT-type cars in the future, they just won't be marketed under the "SVT" name.

The '07 GT 500 Mustang, could technically be considered, the last SVT model to be built. I think it will say "SVT" only a couple of places on the car. They are going back to the "Shelby" name for this car, so "SVT" kinda got lost in the shuffle.

The "Shelby" name has a 1000 times more street-cred than "SVT" ever had or would have had. So it's not a bad marketing move IMO.

So if SVT really is dead, I think a poll on the "best SVT ever" def needs to be done in the future.[thumb]

·
Registered
107 Posts
haha Imagine a "Shelby Focus"... That'll be the day... Someone should photoshop one lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. now i know that i must keep my car because it could be worth something some day. i hope.

·
Registered
292 Posts
ZX3 Jon said:
haha Imagine a "Shelby Focus"... That'll be the day... Someone should photoshop one lol
Actually has a good ring to it.

Maybe me try and 'shop' one.[:eek:)] [8D] [:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts