Yep, they're gone.

·
Registered
105 Posts
[headbang] looks good!!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Are they just stick on? No holes or brackets?

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
I think it looks so much cleaner without them. Looks great!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Looks really good man!

·
Registered
5 Posts
side moldings al gone

My son wants me to do this to his car with his help of course. It is a lot of work. Who ever did yours did a awesome job looks sweet. If you did it yourself. I salute you.

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are they just stick on? No holes or brackets?
Looks good!

I think on 05+ they just stick on.

00-04 have holes.
Mine were just stick on. I have heard that the 05+ sedans have holes too, but I don't know for sure. Only reason I knew mine weren't were from talking to another Saleen owner at FF who removed his.

My son wants me to do this to his car with his help of course. It is a lot of work. Who ever did yours did a awesome job looks sweet. If you did it yourself. I salute you.
I did do it myself. The hardest part was removing the adhesive residue after pulling them off. Lot of elbow grease.

would you like to sell those to me?
PM me.

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think some wheel spacers would fill out those fenders well!
True. But I've never really trusted wheel spacers. And the tires would definitely rub.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Looks damn good victor

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
I should look and see if my are stuck on lol :p I like how yours looks without them :)

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Definitely looks good without the moldings. How did you go about pulling them off? I've heard taking dental floss and sliding it behind one end of the molding and then sawing the floss up and down will easily cut through the adhesive.

As for the left over adhesive, I've used WD40 in the past to remove some, or Goo Gone, or mineral spirits.

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Definitely looks good without the moldings. How did you go about pulling them off? I've heard taking dental floss and sliding it behind one end of the molding and then sawing the floss up and down will easily cut through the adhesive.

As for the left over adhesive, I've used WD40 in the past to remove some, or Goo Gone, or mineral spirits.
Well, the one on the drivers side door was already loose at the front, and it just pulled right off. The others I used plastic weed eater line to remove them, like you said just sawing through the adhesive. Then Goo Gone for adhesive removal.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Car definitely looks cleaner with out them.

Nice easy mod to making it look good.

-Ray-

1 - 20 of 22 Posts