Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not think Ford has confirmed this but I do believe the 2012/2013 model years have now been orphaned by Ford with respect to MFT. I base this on three things:

First, the new FF are coming with a new version of MFT that's not being offered to the earlier cars, and...

Second, it's been 15 months since we received the last update, and...

Third, they have offered us a new map SD card but you have to pay for it...

So, whether you're happy with MFT or not it does appear that what you have now is what you're stuck with forever.

Brian

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
First, the new FF are coming with a new version of MFT that's not being offered to the earlier cars, and...
That doesn't make sense.

Obviously there is no reason for the current MFT version used for the current production cars to be "offered" as an upgrade for older cars.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Or you flash it with some 3rd party alternative if thats a possibility yet.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'm not surprised at a charge for map updates, that's been std. throughout the GPS world except when a Mfr. is giving away free updates to promote purchasing a product.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That doesn't make sense.

Obviously there is no reason for the current MFT version used for the current production cars to be "offered" as an upgrade for older cars.

Well then there was no need for 2012 cars to be updated in 2013 then -- right?

Brian

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think the real question is are further updates even needed at this point? My MFT works fine now. It was a nightmare previously, but I've done every update along the way and now the system works near perfectly. It's been so long since I've had any glitches, freezes or any other issues, that I no longer remember the last time I had a problem. In my eyes, Ford completely resolved my MFT concerns.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think the real question is are further updates even needed at this point? My MFT works fine now. It was a nightmare previously, but I've done every update along the way and now the system works near perfectly. It's been so long since I've had any glitches, freezes or any other issues, that I no longer remember the last time I had a problem. In my eyes, Ford completely resolved my MFT concerns.
We were assured that some form of Applink would be included with MFT but it's been 3 years and I still can't use the app install portion of the system. I want my Spotify integration. Probably a third of people have iphones and we still have poor text message support. I'd just like some of these original features restored. Instead of rolling out promised features Ford spent 2 years fixing the pile of crap OS.

·
Registered
81 Posts
When i bought my German 2011 Focus i was sad it didn't come with MFT. But in the meanwhile i got used to a "simple" Radio/Mp3/Navigation unit. This week i even ordered a 2014 update for the Navigation System.

But yeah, if it weren't for being so highly integrated in the car (Also controls air conditioning, Navigation includes vehicle Speed even if sat link is lost and so on), I'd consider getting a cheap chinese Android based Stereo. These look pretty awesome and you can install loads of crap on them that would look pretty cool.

·
Registered
747 Posts
When i bought my German 2011 Focus i was sad it didn't come with MFT. But in the meanwhile i got used to a "simple" Radio/Mp3/Navigation unit. This week i even ordered a 2014 update for the Navigation System.

But yeah, if it weren't for being so highly integrated in the car (Also controls air conditioning, Navigation includes vehicle Speed even if sat link is lost and so on), I'd consider getting a cheap chinese Android based Stereo. These look pretty awesome and you can install loads of crap on them that would look pretty cool.
Yeah, the system is highly integrated and highly inadequate at the same time. Those android systems are so cheap and yet provide so many little quality of life improvements. Folks with the "simple" system really ended up with the better deal I think. MFT folks like me just ended up spending more $$ for a glorified bluetooth receiver.

·
Registered
845 Posts

Yeah, the system is highly integrated and highly inadequate at the same time. Those android systems are so cheap and yet provide so many little quality of life improvements. Folks with the "simple" system really ended up with the better deal I think. MFT folks like me just ended up spending more $$ for a glorified bluetooth receiver.
I've been debating on getting an Android base stereo system. Even found someone who will put it in and bypass the requirement to be in park for the DVD to play. But I enjoy the full integration, so MFT stays........for now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Correction: A glorified Bluetooth receiver that can only connect to one phone at a time. My $25 Jabra (that streamed to FM Radio) could handle 4 simultaneous phone connections.

I think even handling two simultaneous connections would cover the majority of users. I don't remember which version it was, but it worked for one MFT version, but then they took it back away with the next update.

Anybody here remember the earliest commercials/advertisements that showed MFT apps/features that never came to fruition?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Does anyone know the most current update ?

If you don't have it, you can go to syncmyride.com and download it. It's been out for a while though.

There is a 3.7 build that is for Euro zone cars but it's identical with the exception of language options

·
Registered
73 Posts
oh yeah, and I was reminded again this past daylight savings change, that even though the MFT can connect to my phone, the internet, sync services, etc... I still have to manually set my clock.

·
Registered
845 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts

If you don't have it, you can go to syncmyride.com and download it. It's been out for a while though.

There is a 3.7 build that is for Euro zone cars but it's identical with the exception of language options
I have 3.7 on mine. USA, the newer built units have it. Mine was built in July, 2014.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts