Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts

if you were able to get it to look kinda like that it would be incredible. if not i would keep the tip hidden

edit... obviously it would involve a bit of cutting

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For now I am looking for cheap, quick, and easy. Wow... Sounds like I'm desperate. Anyway, If I decide to upgrade to a full header and exhaust I will most likely try something similar. Will not be for some time if I do. I have to focus on school right now.

·
Registered
783 Posts
ha.... welcome to my world[?|]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Would anyone here have an SPI lunchbox delete. I would really appreciate if someone posts. Our cars sound loud enough, so i am wondering what this delete will do.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts

if you were able to get it to look kinda like that it would be incredible. if not i would keep the tip hidden

edit... obviously it would involve a bit of cutting
i think it would look cool, but you would need bigger sideskirts than the stock setup.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
One last question before I "cut" into it. (Sadly, that made me laugh) How hard is it to cut the exhaust with it on the car? Would it be possible or should I just take it out and cut it?

·
Registered
783 Posts
actually u have to cut infront of the resonator to get the exhaust off in the first place.

·
Registered
783 Posts
no.. the neither the muffler or the resonator will fit over the axle to pull it out

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Nah it's the 2.0. And the popping only happens when it is in park. Not sure why, but I am sure someone knows. And when it is in park they aren't too bad but I wish it didn't happen.

·
Registered
537 Posts
when i did that i couldn't even really hear it over my intake, just at low rpm... that video makes it sound louder than it really is. i did get a little bit of a deceleration rumble though.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea I have a FS CAI and when I am driving I hear that over the exhaust but for a 15 dollar mod I don't really care. It's only temporary till I get my MRBP exhaust. Can't freaking wait!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't know if this is any help but, I had a custom catback installed on my Escape (3.0L
Duratec V-6). It was a 2-1/4" w/a turbo muffler that looked just like a glasspack only no glass-just two perforated tubes inside. I told the guy I wanted it to be mellow like a glasspack on a V-8 without the glasspack "cackle". He suggested the turbo and really nailed the sound I wanted. I don't know, however, how one of these would sound on a 4 banger-I know they're different animals! I'm amazed that he duplicated the V-8 sound on a V-6! He specializes in exhaust systems for drag cars.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts