Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Do it dude, i did it, and never looked back. your car will sound so much beefier

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
^yea, what it does is remove the resonator to make your car louder

·
Registered
137 Posts
I removed both of my mufflers and my car sounds sweet. i got friends who have spent alot of money to try and make there hondas sound "good." but a focus with no mufflers just sounds sexy. its not to loud but can scream when you want it to.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
^^^yeah, and overall, getting a true new exhaust has so many other benefits, instead of just sound, but if u just want sound, the ST sound is great.

for the OP, im not sure if it would sound any diff tho, since u have a pzev, but the ST had a fantastic tone, that i loved. i just wanted the benefits of the borla that i got, but it had nothing to do with the sound the ST has.[strongman]

focusboy5, props for using the search to find what you needed on your own.[read][thumb]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am going with different route than the "how to". A 45 elbow to put the exhaust right behind the tire. All together it will be about $20. And the side exit has to be good for at least 20 hp right? J/k. But I like to be just a little different so should be fun. May even move the first muffler closer to the front. We shall see...

·
Registered
783 Posts
while on the side dump topic... i think it would be pretty sweet if you could get the exhaust to dump out from the back of the side skirts like the pre 2005 roush mustangs

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.