Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a video of the last muffler cut off?? Thinking about doing this just dont know what it will sound like.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Do it dude, i did it, and never looked back. your car will sound so much beefier

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Not to thread jack but what does this take to do this? I want to but I don't have a welder or pipe bender so I don't want to get in over my head.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
^yea, what it does is remove the resonator to make your car louder

·
Registered
137 Posts
I removed both of my mufflers and my car sounds sweet. i got friends who have spent alot of money to try and make there hondas sound "good." but a focus with no mufflers just sounds sexy. its not to loud but can scream when you want it to.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
^^^yeah, and overall, getting a true new exhaust has so many other benefits, instead of just sound, but if u just want sound, the ST sound is great.

for the OP, im not sure if it would sound any diff tho, since u have a pzev, but the ST had a fantastic tone, that i loved. i just wanted the benefits of the borla that i got, but it had nothing to do with the sound the ST has.[strongman]

focusboy5, props for using the search to find what you needed on your own.[read][thumb]

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
come time for a header, it wont sound so good, waiting on fs stealth but until then I heard a hive of bumblebees even in the 2-3k rpm range.

·
Registered
537 Posts
^^^but you will most likely not pass emisions.
i think that anybody that is willing to take a saw-zaw to their exhaust to enhance the sound alone is not too worried about emissions ... .. .

edit - lol

does anybody have a sound clip of both mufflers cut off with a glass pack installed where the main muffler used to be?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going with different route than the "how to". A 45 elbow to put the exhaust right behind the tire. All together it will be about $20. And the side exit has to be good for at least 20 hp right? J/k. But I like to be just a little different so should be fun. May even move the first muffler closer to the front. We shall see...

·
Registered
537 Posts
^ i tried that before i got the cat back. it looks funny seeing the pipe stick out right next to the spot in the bumper that's curved for the pipe.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Won't really be right next to the spot. I need to look to see if there is room to move the front muffler up then just come out in front of the tire.

·
Registered
783 Posts
while on the side dump topic... i think it would be pretty sweet if you could get the exhaust to dump out from the back of the side skirts like the pre 2005 roush mustangs

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What i am thinking minus the tip. Should I bring it all the way to the side so it is visible or leave it nice and hidden?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts