Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAMNIT!!!!!

Allen_Rubin and I were on the free way today RIGHT after installing my freshly painted freshly repaired lip and boom the damn thing flew off and was crushed by a giant F-150 behind us... [bash] [hatchet] [smackbum] [bigcry] [spank]

I'm just venting right now but hey there was a Mustang GT I kept up with while the damn thing broke lose... [:(] I bet the people in that F-150 were [hah]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fiberglass one NEVER fit right so I refuse to buy another lip product from Focussport... LOL

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
[eek] Wow, that does suck.

I remember when I first got mine installed I was always afraid it was gonna fly off for some reason (it never had fit right either) but it's stayed on there for almost 3 years. What did you use to install it back on the car?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The speed clips and screws Focussport suplied with the kit and double sided tape... the screws were also still in my bumper... [:(]

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
This thread shows why a solid [thumb] is given to Ford's own SAP.

Sorry to hear about what happened Ripped ...

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
ha [hah]
that serves you right for racing a mustang gt.... kidding bro, that must suck though [:(] did you beat him allen? [poke]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wait why would Allen beat me???

He was driving my ST!!!

Or do you mean did he beat the Mustang GT???

·
Banned
2,962 Posts
i saw those tiny ass screws double sided tape when i bought my cf lip and laughed

i have like 2043 screws in mine. that shit ain't going anywhere.

·
Made In The USA
2,010 Posts
yeah I made the mistake of using the "factory" supplied hardware just once after loosing one of my own. After that i used my own bolts/washers and two metal plates to make sure that It didn't rip out a second time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts