Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My low beams are will not come on at all when I turn my light switch on. I've been forced to drive with my high beams on. I've checked the bulbs, the fuses for both lights and the light switch, and checked the relay. All checked out ok. Could it be the turn signal/highbeam switch? I can't get my car inspected because of the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked both filaments and both are fine. I searched and noticed that the turn signal switch costs around $35. So I might just try it out and see what happens. When I searched the forum, I noticed that others had their high beams sticking, but their low beams still functioned. They resolved it by replacing the turn signal switch. Hopefully it works for my problem too.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Hopefully so. Hopefully it isn't something deeper in the electrical.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: It was the turn signal/high beam switch. Cost $32 for the switch. Takes about 10 mins for install.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Right on, glad it was an easy fix.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
wow, glad you got that fixed.... kinda a stupid thing that had to get fixed but glad it got done

·
Registered
8 Posts
What was your problem?

Would the stick still click on and off for the high beams or not?

I have a similar problem, but the high beams will turn on and off, but the low beams don't come on!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My low beams are will not come on at all when I turn my light switch on. I've been forced to drive with my high beams on. I've checked the bulbs, the fuses for both lights and the light switch, and checked the relay. All checked out ok. Could it be the turn signal/highbeam switch? I can't get my car inspected because of the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
I changed out the turn signal switch on the steering wheel and it fixed the problem on mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts