Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried not lifting my foot off the gas when shifting at the track last week, well it worked good the first trip down the track but the two other times I did it the clutch started to slip pritty bad. So my conclusion is that no lift to shift is not good for the stock clutch. O, my best time was 14.7 at 94mph.

·
Registered
251 Posts
2point3 said:
O, my best time was 14.7 at 94mph.
Yeah, my clutch started slipping pretty bad this past weekend after trying that once.

Nice time you got there....any mods done to the car?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
what mods you got? thats a pretty good time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
yeah your clutch was slipping prity bad i could hear it all the way from start line. nexted time we go we need to bring the video camera.

i did not do so well 16.2 86mph with the crapiest tires ever and 15.8 86mph with the back tires in frount.

seth

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^
Taken care of.

Thats a pretty good time!

For those wanting to know what mods he has check out the profile or look below.

2point3's mods
udp, draxas header, 2.5 borla exhaust, fs cai, cosworth fast raod cams, excal 2, bs delete, 4.06 gears, rear trans mount

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^
Yea thats weird b/c I thought the duratec could not get a UDP to work b/c of some complication with the way its made. Or something. [dunno]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My car needs to be retuned I think. I got the excal 2 before I did the cams. If I got it retuned it might help out my time alittle.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
2point3 said:
I forgot that my roommate was singed on,
Taken care of, you guys are getting bad at that. LOL

How is the fitment, I thought there was some big issue about the UDP and thats why noone makes them now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought they fit really good, I haven't had any problems. They have been on the car for about a year.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i think you can do better than than, you might need more practice.

trust me im up where you are and its not easy to pull it off. ive done it like 4 times out of 18 run.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i got a [email protected] 87.0 with like a 2.1 60ft. converting it should be around 14.73

with Intake, cossi headers, 2.5 exhaust, x cal 2, bs delete, stock 16in rims with 205/55/16 used tires with 20 psi. with spare tire, carpet and the "jack." oh and with half a gallon of 110 oct, i might add. with 1/4 tank of 91 oct gas. oh and me driving it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I heard from people that race all over the place, that the track I run at is .3 to .5 seconds slower than the others. NYIRP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts