Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a hu from a member on here and it did not come with the sleeve that goes around it for installation. Will I have to purchase another one to install it or will the dash kit still keep it in place?

·
Registered
549 Posts
depends...

If your dash kit was intended for use with the cage (sleeve, whatever), then you'll need it. If your dash kit was intended to be used with ISO mounting, then you won't need it.

what kind of radio is it? for a few bucks, i'll send you one

-john
SQF

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a Pioneer Deh-P80mp. I was hoping to have it installed by this weekend for a trip I am taking.

Thanks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will take a look. I was hoping to get it installed this week. Looks like I will have to wait.

Thanks!

·
Registered
572 Posts
if the seller didn't send you the cage.... well, that sounds like a stolen radio to me.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought it from HeelToe here on FF. Here is the thread he had started: http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84060 . The funny thing is that he said it came with the dash adapter kit, antenna adapter, wiring harness, and remote. When I received it, it was only the receiver. He said that he is mailing the remote and the dash kit, but that remains to be seen as I have sent him two PM and he has not replied yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.