Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Focus MK1 Facelift, 1.8 TDCi (53)

So I haven't used my car as much lately so I haven't noticed how long this has been happening for but the other day on the way to work I noticed that the heating wasn't working properly and with the weather as cold as it is I want to get it fixed ASAP.

So this is what happens: If I get the engine temp to half way it stays there and if I have the heating on low it's luke warm but if I turn it up it blows out cold.

All the increments 1-4 work fine and the only issue is the heating, in the past my car has been warm in the same journey within 3-5 minutes and now after 25 minutes it's still not warm.

If anyone can give me any ways to diagnose the issue I will do so, but I am not amazing with cars so I might need some guidance.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Check your coolant level first. If it's developed a slow leak or been refilled without burping the air out, you can have issues with intermittent heat.

Does the temperature gauge get up to half about as quickly as it used to? If not, your thermostat is probably stuck open (which is what the fail-safe ones are supposed to do so you don't overheat).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts