Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When trying to factory order my SEL sedan with the 301A package, the dealer told me that frosted glass was not an available color for this car. Has anyone else heard of frosted glass not being available on an SEL?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Unless something changed it certainly was available in frosted glass. It's right in the brochure. As the dealer when they stopped making frosted glass available in the SEL trim. Also talk to ford customer service to see if they know anything about it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When trying to factory order my SEL sedan with the 301A package, the dealer told me that frosted glass was not an available color for this car. Has anyone else heard of frosted glass not being available on an SEL?
I'm picking up my Frosted Glass SEL today from the dealer that I ordered, so they do have Frosted Glass

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm researching for my upcoming purchase and the dealer I went to here in Buffalo said that some of the colors like Kona Blue & Tuxedo Black weren't being made currently because the paint supply has been scarce from Japan where those colors are made. How true that is, dunno, but that's what I was told. Doesn't matter to me cause I'm ordering Race Red anyways.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Tuxedo Black was replaced by a regular black and Kona Blue was replaced by Sonic Blue.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I saw a focus in the frosted glass the other day. All due respect to those that like the color, I thought it looked like something an old lady would choose. [:0]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw a focus in the frosted glass the other day. All due respect to those that like the color, I thought it looked like something an old lady would choose. [:0]
I guess I should be happy that I ended up ordering sterling gray.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My Frosted Glass 5Door SEL was just unloaded from the Train yesterday morning, and I am picking it up today. However it did take them a long time to get the car to me. I ordered it on 5/27 so it took 3 month to build, so with that said maybe they are having issues with that paint?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
YUP. I am a little old lady, and I LOVE the Frosted Glass color. The reason it was not a choice for me is I could not combine Frosted Glass with Manual transmission AND an upscale package, nor alloy wheels. Dumb.
So I opted for the Yellow Blaze.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My Frosted Glass 5Door SEL was just unloaded from the Train yesterday morning, and I am picking it up today. However it did take them a long time to get the car to me. I ordered it on 5/27 so it took 3 month to build, so with that said maybe they are having issues with that paint?
Maybe they wait until they have group of cars so they can paint them all at one time and not be changing the colors back and forth. That could cause a delay for the rarer colors.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i'm an old man and i like the color. if it were available in the titanium i would have gotten it. almost opted for the yellow too but went with the sterling grey. if i was doing it again i'd go for the yellow. they grey is just way too common on many vehicles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i'm an old man and i like the color. if it were available in the titanium i would have gotten it. almost opted for the yellow too but went with the sterling grey. if i was doing it again i'd go for the yellow. they grey is just way too common on many vehicles.
That why I went with the SEL, os I could get the rare Frosted Glass Color, that is now no longer available do to the shortage of material coming from Japan.

·
Registered
781 Posts
frosted glass is still available in the SEL (the OP's dealer was full of it).. the previous black, red and blue were dropped. the problem with a dropped color is getting paint jobs done if you have an accident. one trade off for another.

·
Registered
459 Posts
There are 4 frosted glass Foci at my dealer, freshly delivered last week; one being an SEL sedan with the 202a package. Something seems strange?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts